Just ordered a FitBit....best advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I sold mine, sheet being overly obsessed for a week, my husband pointed out it's just a fancy pedometer that I want actually using :/

I log my food on MFP and my excersize on MapMyFitness, but i must admit I loved the sleep tracking
  • Lees75
    Lees75 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Where do I go on MFP to enable negative calorie adjustments?

ETA - Never mind, I found it.
  • sc0rpi0gal
    sc0rpi0gal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Use the stop watch/timer feature when you go on walks. It calculates these as workouts!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Don't lose it!!
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for it to arrive today!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    sc0rpi0gal wrote: »
    Use the stop watch/timer feature when you go on walks. It calculates these as workouts!

Why? It's a step tracker
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Fitbit now has the option to automatically log common exercises (walking, running, elliptical, etc.). If you do an activity consistently for longer than 15 minutes it will pick it up as a workout and continue to track and monitor. I am horrendous at logging my workouts on Fitbit, and this has been a lifesaver!
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Why? It's a step tracker

Fitbit also tracks activity minutes and in a recent update, set workout goals (workout x days a week). A lot of people use the timer to log their workouts so they can get a glimpse of the calories burned, steps, and how long they did said activity when they look back on it.

Edit: Other activities that register are yoga, sports, etc.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    If you are a competitive person (like me) than the Fitbit challenges are extremely motivating. I once walked my entire neighborhood several times just to reach 25,000 steps in one day. I did not want to loose a stupid weekend challenge I was in with my relatives. Lol
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you are a competitive person (like me) than the Fitbit challenges are extremely motivating. I once walked my entire neighborhood several times just to reach 25,000 steps in one day. I did not want to loose a stupid weekend challenge I was in with my relatives. Lol

No challenge could get me outside in the snow today. I'm actually thinking about buying a vivofit because i almost just bought a polar hrm and a fitbit zip but, figured why not get a combo for cheaper. It's like $80 on amazon for both. Edit just bought a zip just to try and make sure i earn the lightly active setting I set up for at work.