Look Mom, no tears!

Options
bookworm_847
bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
This morning I did my weekly weigh-in. I'm the same as last week. I blame this on having a terrible week (not a real valid excuse, I know) and not making great choices or logging all of my "comfort" snacks. I did a just for fun weigh-in on Tuesday and was 2 lbs. less than I am now. So I didn't get upset this morning-- a little disappointed, but definitely not upset because I know I didn't eat enough to gain an actual 2 lbs over 3 days. I thank all of you awesome people for that since you've given me such a crazy amount of knowledge regarding weight loss and the different things that can happen.

One of my co-workers has had a lot of success doing low carb, and that's awesome. I mentioned that I'm watching my calories and getting more exercise. It was recommended to me that I try the low carb diet, and I just smiled because I know that I've had more success doing it this way than I have had any other time I've tried to lose weight in the past. I'm one of the "lurkers" in the forums, for the most part, and have really taken things that I've read and run with it. I'm not an expert by any means, but I know I couldn't have had the success I've had if it weren't for my MFP friends and the MFP community in general.

So, this weekend I'm going to chug some water and knock off the comfort snacking so that I can get back to work. Last year at this time, what I saw on the scale today would have caused me to say that I'll never lose weight, give up, and go eat a whole pizza. But not now!

ETA: This isn't saying anything against any of the other diets, I'm just saying that I never knew before that it could work like it has for me. :smile:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!