Afraid of the scale?

I am wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Last night, I was super eager to wake up and weigh myself in the morning. However, when morning arrived, I was so petrified of getting on the scale and hating the number (which in my case, means being extremely hard on myself until my next weigh-in).

I am wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Replies

• whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    I know how you feel. And also when your happy to get on the scale and you see the number did not change
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    I hear that. Recently I've been avoiding my scale out of shame because I plateaued...and then gained three pounds. Not the greatest feeling in the world considering I had finally gotten into the 180's.
    Hoping to get back there soon.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Nope.
    I always want to know where I'm at weight wise. Whether it's high or low.

I would only be afraid of the scale if it bit me. :wink:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Throw that scale away and use a measuring tape to check your progress! That, or weigh only once a month. Then you're bound to like the number, as long as you've stayed pretty much on track.
  • andreaeose777
    andreaeose777 Posts: 24 Member
    I having been avoiding it for weeks. My diet and exercise has been great, I just don't care what it says, because I know I'm doing everything right, and if the scale says, wrong, well, I just can't deal with it. So, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and when I'm ready I'll get back on it :)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Yesterday was the first time I was under 300# and I was so afraid to get on the scale this morning and see that awful number 3 again! Luckily I wasn't imagining things yesterday I was and am still in the 2's! Trust yourself - it got you this far!! Best of luck reaching your goals!
  • rhiannon737
    rhiannon737 Posts: 32 Member
    i always feel nervous when im about to get on the scale but i would rather know because if it has gone up it really spurs me on to work harder and helps me say no to junk food. when it goes down it makes my day :smile:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Stop weighing for awhile if it makes you feel bad. There are other measures of progress.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    I used to be afraid to weigh, but the more I do it the less afraid I am. So now I weigh a couple times a day. That's how I deal with most things that give me anxiety, just do it a bunch.
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Yep, I used to feel like this and absolutely hate the scale. It would literally ruin my entire day if the number was higher than expected. I have since stopped using the scale to measure my progress. Instead, I am focusing on how I feel, my energy levels, how my skinny jeans are fitting and measuring every now and then. It really has taken a lot of stress off since I put the scale away.
  • Thanks!
  • Yesterday was the first time I was under 300# and I was so afraid to get on the scale this morning and see that awful number 3 again! Luckily I wasn't imagining things yesterday I was and am still in the 2's! Trust yourself - it got you this far!! Best of luck reaching your goals!

That is AMAZING!!!! Congrats! I am sure you will stay under 300 if you continue your new eating lifestyle!