1.5 years clean, clean eating is next!

Options
sresngr
sresngr Posts: 4 Member
I quit drinking 1.5 years ago. Food replaced the alcohol. Now I need to change. I used WW for a bit but once I have that up I gained every pound back. Giving this a try and it would be great to find people who are great motivators.

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There is a clean eating group on here that you can join, Welcome to MFP and congrats on your progress so far
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    2.5 years clean myself - feel free to send a friend request in my direction. Welcome!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Eat what you wish. I have lost 100+ pounds. Never thought once about clean.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat clean, you just need to be consistent. Sadly, maintaining weight loss is the hard part - you still need to be mindful of how much you're eating. If that requires you to keep tracking and logging then so be it.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Giant congrats on your sobriety!!
  • sresngr
    sresngr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Giant congrats on your sobriety!!

Thank you. I'm super proud of myself.
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Obviously you have a void that needs filled. First it was alcohol, then food. Next step...try exercise. Once you get into it and see results, working out becomes a habit. Much better than food or booze :) good luck to you!
  • Hannahlosing
    Hannahlosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Big, big congrats on 1.5 years sober!! If you can achieve that you can definitely hit your goals in regards to weight, health and fitness :smile:
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being clean awesome. Feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting the booze!

You may find it difficult to eat clean, just because it has no clear meaning. But eating a balanced diet, getting in nutrients from a variety of fresh foods you like, maybe even start cooking if you haven't done that before, will make you feel better and help you stick to the amount of calories you need to lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate.