I'm switching to maintenance....

Options
...tomorrow and want to start a recomp. I had gotten to where I had the deficit thing figured out, and now I'm feeling nervous and new again. I guess I'm just supposed to switch my setting to maintenance and brace for the initial scale increase as my weight levels out? (I don't know where the thread that explains that is right now but did read it) Are the maintenance calories the app gives pretty accurate or is it best to do a slight increase over a few weeks and see where I seem to fall?

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i did a slightly increase over weeks... And still trying out.
    Eating 2000 now and holding steady for some days..
    but with 1850 i was still losing...

i increase by 3 to 4 weeks btw so now increased by 150 some days ago. And will hold steady for some weeks or i must lose than i up it 100 again

It takes a bit of patience :) But it is new and fun...and all that food.... nom nom nom

95069916.png
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Ok... I don't do well with anything that's new, but I am ready to eat more. LOL!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    Ok... I don't do well with anything that's new, but I am ready to eat more. LOL!

lol that is the fun about it...eating more
    :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I just switched to Maintenance today. I've been lifting weights and doing yoga, and I'll be adding in HIIT next week and then another yoga session for my 3 months of training.
    I'm excited to be eating a bunch. Feels like I'm constantly eating though since I have a lot of healthy foods.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    well i dont really eat a bunch more
    Just a little bit

But eating a lot the same things also but switch from skinny milk to whole milk and yogurt etc.
    So i eat a bit the same. But there is more room for a larger portion of ice cream hehehe

95069916.png
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    So hopefully you are switching from -.5/1750 deficit? And were you still losing the amount you were deficit until recently? An easy way to think about it is that you have 250 calories to add each day to start and figure out your maintenance range. Some days that's a slice of pizza, some days its a couple of beers or onion rings. Either way you should work on adding more protein as the majority of those calories and you'll feel less bloated and less guilty :)
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    scoandmur wrote: »
    So hopefully you are switching from -.5/1750 deficit? And were you still losing the amount you were deficit until recently? An easy way to think about it is that you have 250 calories to add each day to start and figure out your maintenance range. Some days that's a slice of pizza, some days its a couple of beers or onion rings. Either way you should work on adding more protein as the majority of those calories and you'll feel less bloated and less guilty :)

I was set to lose .5
    250 seems like a lot, but yeah...that's what it turns out to be!
    Thank you!
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    Adding even 2 extra slices of lean lunch meat at lunch or choose the larger chicken breast at dinner will get you more of what's good for you. Plan in your snacks and you'll be there. This is the great part about maintenance, you direct your intake and feed your fitness and activity level. Best of luck to you, sent you an add :)
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend getting yourself a fitbit, it had really helped me on my journey. It will calculate your tdee each day, that takes the guess work out of how many calories does I eat today! I found that my tdee can vary by 400 to 700 calories a day.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I used a fitbit zip and now have an apple watch. I eat back whatever part of my exercise calories I'm hungry for. I did that during weight loss and for 3 years of maintenance. It has worked fine for me.

The zip was inexpensive ($35 on ebay) and just counted steps. I logged anything more energetic (swimming) that it didn't count well.

The apple watch differentiates active calories where your heart rate is elevated from just regular steps. But calorie additions for the day were almost identical. I highly recommend either one. It lets me earn some more calorie on days I'm hungry without worrying about it.