Cubii Review

Options
Hi there MFP,

I thought I'd give a quick review of the Cubii https://mycubii.com/ for all my fellow desk bound workers. It's an under the desk elliptical machine. I've been using it for a week now and figured I'd share my thoughts. Hell I'm using it as I type this.

The unit itself feels very sturdy. The pedals are nice and large, and very comfortable on the feet. The pedals can be folded up and out of the way if needed. It's relatively quiet but still does make a bit of noise as you use it.

Learning to use it was a bit of a challenge. The motion is very good, but it took me a couple days to figure out a comfortable position to set it up in. Once I found it I did much better. I tend to be a sloucher, and using this has forced me to sit up nice and straight. The motion favors horizontal movement over vertical, so I haven't had any issues hitting my knees on the desk. Someone with longer legs might have issues if they can't adjust their desk up.

I'm less impressed with the companion app than I am with the unit itself. The setup and bluetooth pairing with the unit is easy, and the app itself is functional. My issue however is that it doesn't always seem to connect if I don't have the app open on my phone. I'd like to keep much better track of how much time I spend each day, and get a better estimate of calories burned. In my conversations with support they have indicated that a future update to the device itself would allow it to store use data and sync with the phone the next time they are paired.

Over all I'm very happy with my purchase. It is on the pricey side at $350, but I have another 150 pounds to lose, and lightly peddling all day without breaking a sweat just feels like cheating and getting a few hundred free calories a day.

The good:
Sturdy design
Easy low impact exercise.
Feels good to keep active all day
Good customer support

The bad:
Expensive
The integration between the app and Cubii needs work

Replies

• bwmhmm
    bwmhmm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using the Cubii yesterday. I think I overdid it just a bit. My knees and legs are sore today. I ended the day with doing 8 miles because I guess it was just way to easy to work and use the Cubii at the same time. I also put on a podcast for elliptical users which helped keep me going. I, too, am disappointed with the app. I have all apple products and would like to see some type of integration with Apple Health App and Watch. I also added a Cubii Elliptical Exercise to MyFitnessPal as it was not listed. I am not sure the calories are accurate because I sure did break a sweat my first time using it. As far as the price goes, I had a 10% off coupon and free shipping so my total cost was $312. Not bad for something I know I am going to use 5 days a week.