Bride-to-be looking for accountability to get back in shape.

Options
About two years ago I was coming off my second marathon and was in the best shape of my life. Then I quit running and about the same time met my now-fiance. Our wedding is in August and I am looking for some fitness friends to help hold me accountable. My running days are behind me, but with better eating and more consistent workouts I hope to lose 15-20 lbs by the big day.

Replies

• brittuhnay
    brittuhnay Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it! Especially since you already know what it's like to live a fit and healthy lifestyle :)
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey! I got married last June, so I absolutely know where you are coming from. I also have a yo-yo past with my weight...it is a constant battle. Feel free to throw me an add. I log in everyday, I journal my food regularly and I also try to comment and post fairly often...I figure if I am going to have friends on here, might as well take advantage of the support this website offers right? :smiley:
  • JillEReilly89
    JillEReilly89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Marathon runner and bride to be here as well! My wedding is this June and I've been engaged since the end of 2014. I kept saying I was going to lose 10 pounds. I so far haven't tried very hard. I need to really buckle down now. I just want to look good and feel great in a bikini on my honeymoon

As a fellow runner how do you keep your appetite in check to lose weight? That's my biggest struggle -I feel hungry all the time.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You can do it! October Bride to Be here - Haven't ran anything more than a 10K I envy you girls! I would go nuts running that long - lol but I job once a week and do other workouts 5 days a week and stretch/yoga on the 7th day ;) feel free to add me. And CONGRATS!
  • JillEReilly89
    JillEReilly89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could run it! It was a bucket list item for me. I was slow but I did it!! It's really just staying on your feet for a longer period of time.