Going to bed hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I hate going to bed hungry!!! I have 100 calories left usually at the end of the day after my meals and workout
    I don't know much about if it's "ok" to eat after a certain time. I always hear you shouldn't eat after 7. But some nights I just don't get filled up and k lay in bed hungry. I don't even know if a small 100 cal snack would even help on nights like this!! Lol. Chug water? What do ya'll do? Thanks :)

Meal timing is completely irrelevant. Ignore the myths and eat whenever works best for you - as long as you're maintaining a caloric deficit, it doesn't matter what time you eat. Your metabolism works 24 hours a day.

This^^^^

I hate being hungry and have a snack of a little popcorn (3 cups) or yogurt or whatever around 9. I prelog for the day and include it. I try to leave 160 calories for late night.

• gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    May want to consider if your weekly weight loss goal is too steep. Unless you have a hefty amount of weight to lose, 2lb/week is too steep. This process shouldn't leave you hungry if you have an appropriate weekly goal and don't front load or waste your calories for the day.

I have 95 lbs to loose!
  • gracepost123
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone! ❤️
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    May want to consider if your weekly weight loss goal is too steep. Unless you have a hefty amount of weight to lose, 2lb/week is too steep. This process shouldn't leave you hungry if you have an appropriate weekly goal and don't front load or waste your calories for the day.

I have 95 lbs to loose!

You know what? I "profiled" you & saw you were 21 and made the baseless assumption that you were some young girl with a few lbs to lose! Yes, 2 lbs is absolutely appropriate for you, but it doesn't mean it's necessary if it's not comfortable for you. You just started, right? To suddenly have this drastic drop in your calorie intake is difficult, and at a larger size, especially with any kind of exercise involved, you will probably lose pretty quickly even if you keep your numbers higher for a while. I have a friend on my list who has lost over 40 lbs so far and only recently has had a calorie goal of <2000. Just don't try to change everything all at once & get all discouraged. You can do it! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Two words. Protein fluff. Google it.
  • gracepost123
    edited January 2016
    Options

I have 95 lbs to loose!

You know what? I "profiled" you & saw you were 21 and made the baseless assumption that you were some young girl with a few lbs to lose! Yes, 2 lbs is absolutely appropriate for you, but it doesn't mean it's necessary if it's not comfortable for you. You just started, right? To suddenly have this drastic drop in your calorie intake is difficult, and at a larger size, especially with any kind of exercise involved, you will probably lose pretty quickly even if you keep your numbers higher for a while. I have a friend on my list who has lost over 40 lbs so far and only recently has had a calorie goal of <2000. Just don't try to change everything all at once & get all discouraged. You can do it! :)

Yup haha. I'm a fat young person
    Thank you! You've been very helpful