I wish... I wish... Syndrome. Snap out of it.

Options
monetfuge
monetfuge Posts: 43 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
LIGHT BULB!!!!

My quote/ riddle:
~ Can a Race horse be a Clydesdale or a Clydesdale a Race horse?~

Challenge: Are they both healthy? Are they beautiful?

Replies

• tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A slightly sardonic take on this (all too common) experience at The Oatmeal.
  • monetfuge
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can relate!! I've spent most of my life wishing to look like other women. I am FINALLY in a place where I can appreciate my own body. I do not have a perfect body and never will, but neither does anyone else. I have learned to stop wishing, to make things happen for myself and to be happy, proud and thankful for the body I do have!

Exactly!!!
    It was like one day like never before I wanted skinny. Then I looked at my muscular wide hips and arms then was like NEVER!! I love Clydesdales so why can't I love the healthy me whatever that'll look like?

And sometimes the skinny women I talk to have the same problem. And they look us up and down saying to themselves if they had what I had how good they would treat it to make it work! But they got the best clothes and always look good in anything. Bc it's never greener on the other side only healthy is green. So eat more greens right?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    monetfuge wrote: »
    I can relate!! I've spent most of my life wishing to look like other women. I am FINALLY in a place where I can appreciate my own body. I do not have a perfect body and never will, but neither does anyone else. I have learned to stop wishing, to make things happen for myself and to be happy, proud and thankful for the body I do have!

Exactly!!!
    It was like one day like never be I wanted skinny. Then I looked at my muscular wide hips and was like NEVER!! I love Clydesdales so why can't I love the healthy me whatever that'll look like?

You're right, and the key there is "healthy you." Even at a healthy body weight and LBM, I will never have a thigh gap (I don't want one, it's just an example). Genetics determine a lot about body shape and while it's not healthy or something to aspire to to want to be overweight and not care, being at a healthy weight and in good shape looks so different for everyone.
  • monetfuge
    edited January 2016
    Options

Tell it! Keep it going y'all. What's you're struggle with this? What's your story?
  • monetfuge
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tri_bob wrote: »
    A slightly sardonic take on this (all too common) experience at The Oatmeal.

Hmmm, SAR DON IC... Irony yes! Bitter irony or cynical, NO!!! Are you a man commenting on a woman's problem? Why do men do that? You are off. Some and maybe most women, but I haven't done that type of statistics yet to say most, but some esp. Me was like. You dumby!!! Duhhhh!!!!! Idiot!!! WTF why didn't anybody think of this!!!! Ahhh!!! And I laughed!!!!

When it hit me ( the quote) it was the light bulb that was being sardonic. And I was the one so freakin' liberated!

What's "at the oatmeal" :neutral:
  • monetfuge
    Options
    monetfuge wrote: »

Tell it! Keep it going y'all. What's you're struggle with this? What's your story?

• monetfuge
    Options