Happy with my body

Options
I am 46, 5ft 4 and weigh 149lbs. I workout 3 times a week and in between go for walks and have just taken up hoolahooping.

The thing is the gym I go to do measures/weight, they like to do them every six weeks or so. I very often decline but every now and again they sort of insist . Until the measure I'm happy then I get weighed & measured and asked what's gone wrong! I then loose all motivation. My BMI is slightly up, I eat between 1300-1600 calories a day.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If getting weighed and measured and then asked what's gone wrong de-motivates you then the solution is simple....
    Say "no thanks". Remember they are there to serve you. Sounds suspiciously like it may be a ploy to get you to sign up for a program or some PT sessions!

If your BMI is up you either gained weight or got shorter.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Remind them that you're paying them and when you say no you mean it
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Tell them to cut it out. We all have our gigs. You're happy, go with it.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Remind them that you're paying them and when you say no you mean it

Seriously! You're paying money and being pushed to weigh in? He!! No.

• worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love reading posts where people are happy with their bodies - we need more of this!! Don't be pressured into feeling bad about yourself. We live in a society that profits from our insecurities - screw them. How you feel is way more important than any number.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, to maintain your positive changes. I find it very motivating to be at peace with my body.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I agree with everyone. If you ever want to be weighed or measured, you can ask them.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    One of the greatest achievements in life is being happy with who you are. And that includes being happy with your body. Ignore those gym people!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    If getting weighed and measured and then asked what's gone wrong de-motivates you then the solution is simple....
    Say "no thanks". Remember they are there to serve you. Sounds suspiciously like it may be a ploy to get you to sign up for a program or some PT sessions!

If your BMI is up you either gained weight or got shorter.

This . I'm sure they are hoping people will ask for further help and pay for pt sessions. Tell them no thanks and go about your day.
  • Si1ly
    Si1ly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. It's taken me many years to be happy with my body. I have just bought my first full length mirror since I was 18 and keep looking in there thinking yep you're looking pretty good!!! I just need to be a bit stronger - thank you.