When your bored at work and there's a big bowl of chocolates just waiting to be eaten....

Replies

• chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    I find keeping a small orange helps. They are sweet so satisfies my sweet tooth
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    chuckyjean wrote: »

an orange = 75+ calories
    a chocolate = 40+

it truly depends on what will satisfy
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

an orange = 75+ calories
    a chocolate = 40+

Very true. I find if I really, really want something and try to substitute, I end up eating the substitute and then the thing I was craving anyway, leading to even more calories.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member

an orange = 75+ calories
    a chocolate = 40+

The orange has fiber and vitamins. a better choice.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »

an orange = 75+ calories
    a chocolate = 40+

And if you have had enough fibre and vitamins, there's nothing wrong with having a chocolate. Hell, even if you haven't, if a chocolate is what you want, go your hardest.
  • Sued0nim
    Packerjohn wrote: »

an orange = 75+ calories
    a chocolate = 40+

assuming nutritional requirements have been met then it's down to rathers

as in I'd rather have a choccie
  • Sued0nim
    actually a lot of the time I wouldn't .. I'm not big on chocolate

shhh .. they'll chuck me out of the girl club
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    If the 'goodies' are around every day you are at work could you not compromise and take your own snacks most days but have the odd office 'goodie' day. That way you wont feel you're missing out.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    This is a very hard challenge for me as well. I am not good at all with self control when it is in front of me. I find that chewing gum helps tremendously!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't snack, so I don't think of eating snacks. This was my best way of dealing with stuff like that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I have delicious chocolate at home. I just eat 1 or 2 pieces when I feel like it, within my calories.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Chocolate is my downfall as well. I keep some low-calorie hot chocolate mix packets in my desk. It sometimes keeps me from binging on chocolate when it is in the office (not always).
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Plan for a small snack. My work always has a candy bowl out with fun size candy. ONE fun size candy is not going to hurt you and it satisfies a craving. My favorite are kit-kat or twix or 2 mini crunch bars. A fun size kit kat is only 70 calories. Eat it. Log it. And then forget about everything else.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea.....yum! Also (not chocolate) Pumpkin Spice Chai. I use a splash of milk and some sugar. The calories may be the same as 1 small piece of chocolate, but it takes so much longer to drink a hot cup of tea.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    I'd have one or two pieces, log it and move on. Whenever I'm at my main office there is one partner that always has a bowl of candy. I make it a point to stop by, say hello, and snag a couple of pieces. I bring/plan my own snacks but sometimes I just want candy!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    1. Just say no. Eventually you will be blind to them because they have nothing to do with you.
    2. Pick a number that you will have (assuming fun size candies), fit them into your day (by adding exercise or reducing other foods) and move on.
    3. Pack your own snacks that you like better anyway. Today I have a kiwi and a cutie. Last week I brought some truly amazing chocolate and some yogurts.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    I feel for you a work environment loaded with temptation, is well, tempting! I try to steer clear and fill up on water and baby carrots. or take into account the calories, chop one up and allow a small piece every hour. when we deny 100% we fail (just my opinion) Now if it was only a bowl of chocolates and not the entire doughnut factory that keeps getting dropped off 20 feet from my desk by well wishing salesmen....
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    If I can fit it in my calories, I eat it. If I can't, I don't. That's as secret as it gets, unfortunately.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I'm not bored at work because....I'm working. There is chocolate around sometimes though. I just think about how much it's going to take out of my dinner and either say no, or have a tiny piece if it fits in my day.
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    I just eat the chocolate and then cry guilty tears.

Crying burns calories... can I log it on MFP?