Feel like giving up!

Options
I'm fed up today.

I've been on my diet for a good couple of months now, and while the calorie counting is working, I'm sick of it! To start with, the scales I was using initially at work (i work in a clinic), ended up being sent back as broken so the weight I started at might not have even been accurate!

Then I was up and down, up and down, up and down with my weight. I've been exercising more, but had a few set backs and bad days/weeks. Generally though I started so well!

Then we got new scales in work and they measure ONLY in Kgs so I'm no longer sure what my weight REALLY is, nor if I'm losing or not! It's really starting to annoy me now.

So i've ordered a new set of scales that will come tomorrow and I'll keep them at home as my ONLY set of scales.

I dont know whether to just start again with my measurements tomorrow when they turn up. All this up and down, and inaccuracy is getting me down!!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling fed up, maybe a new start is what you need. Tomorrow , do weight, measurements and photos. Maybe start a new exercise plan too.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You've already done the tough part. You decided to commit to a healthier lifestyle. all you have to do now is follow through. Ok so the scale may not have been accurate, that's not a big deal, the over all pounds lost should still be right.

I agree with Jaz. A New start can make all the difference. I've done it a few times and by chipping away at my weight I've managed to burn off 51 pounds so far. Granted I used some home fitness programs and things like that to help me along, but you have to do what works for you. If you want some tips on nutrition feel free to drop me a message. I'd be happy to help you out. ^.^
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Cheers Guys. I think I'd be much happier if it wasn't for all the inaccuracy! Good thing is that yes I've definitley lost weight regardless of what my start weight was (which i'll never know for sure now).

Maybe I should start again tomorrow then. Weigh myself on my new home scales, take my measurements and as you suggested some photos.

At least i've lost hey. :-/
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    So many people are sorry they don't do photos. If possible get someone to do them for you. Do front, back and side in underwear or bikini
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My scale at home doesn't work. I actually went to my doctor's office to get weighed. I then used the Wii fit board; it was close. I will probably only weigh myself every other week.

I agree, start anew! Don't give up! It's not about the number on a scale--it is about a new lifestyle!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a really cheapy pair of scales that weigh in both stones, pounds and kilograms. They are digital and only for my use.

Wait till the new ones arrive and log only from the same pair of scales at the same time of day on the same day of the week. I weight after a wee first thing in the morning naked on Fridays.

This is the only number I record, even if I step on the scales numerous time during the week.

Keep smiling honey and it will all shake down fine, you are doing great and we are all here to support you.
    Jules xx
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I've had similar scale issues happen to me too - it's so frustrating when every scale says something different. The best thing is to weight at home at the same time, using the same scale every time! You have worked really hard and you don't want to toss that aside now!!!

:happy: Good luck!
    Amanda
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your getting your own scales, before you were only guessing so tomorrow start afresh and set your sights firmly on your goal ...you can do this, we all can! :)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit down in the dumps with dieting at the moment but if we give up we'll never know how much we can achieve and how happy and healthy we can be :o)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    There are apps on phones & the internet that can convert kgs into lbs & as someone else posted 2.2lb = 1kg.

I hope you don't give up. Keep going.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs

Math is your friend.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My scales were a little bit off when I started, but I adjusted them and carried on from there.

In some ways, it's irrelevant what the scales say - what counts is the other stuff - there's been a couple of posts today about what you notice about losing weight and people saying things like knees and feet feeling better, tight clothes feeling looser, etc. Just cos the scales broke doesn't take any of that away.

You'll never get there if you keep looking back! You have to look forward. However much you've actually lost, the fact is you've lost it! Keep going!
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Waking up one day to realize you are X lb overweight is 10000000x more frustrating :glasses:
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    just keep going the reward in the end will be worth it most people quit at just the time when thing are about to change TRAIN INSANE or Remain the Same . and remember go H.A.M