3 Day Military Diet

Options
Has anyone ever done the 3 Day Military Diet?? I did it once before and lost 7 pounds in 3 days. I am thinking of doing it again within the next week to boost my metabolism and my weight loss!! It takes a lot of self-discipline and a lot of support. Anyone else want to do it? Let me know!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    So if it was soooooo wonderful, why are you needing to do it again?
  • Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First off it was far from wonderful. The results were, but the 3 days were not.

I gained the weight back after doing it, and need a quick fix for an upcoming trip I'm going to be taking.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's silly, don't do this. Eat in a caloric deficit and add some exercise, boom!!
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have found that three day diets of any type do absolutely no good. You stress yourself out by trying to stick to the regimen and at the end of the three days, generally binge because you're so happy it's over. Three days is not enough time to teach you anything about portion/calorie control. Get your mind around the fact that true weight loss takes a lot of TIME and PATIENCE. Set yourself on a path of education by setting your MFP stats and making a daily habit of sticking to your calorie allotment. It's the only way.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.