From 400 to 187 bulked up to 250

Options
2»

Replies

• Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is great, congratulations! This actually brought a tear to my eye, how many times has this journey seemed hopeless and pointless, and how many times I've also wanted to give up. I've been too afraid to go to a Dr. Or even take a "before" photo, two things that you have done even when feeling at your lowest. I'm cheering for you as well.
  • silvestrea
    silvestrea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Congrats, what a great accomplishment!
  • russelfine
    russelfine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating if i may ask

I changed my caloric intake on a monthly basis depending on my weight. I'd take my weight x 13.5 and subtract 1,000 for weight loss.

So if I weighed 400 I would: 400x13.5-1,000=4,400.

I would also eat back whatever I exercised. So, if I lifted weights for an hour in the gym I'd add on 400 or so calories.

I lost about 2lbs a week on average

• russelfine
    russelfine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I'm in a similar boat. I've lost all the weight (from 360 to 220), but now I want to pack on some muscle. Do you have a lifting routine that you follow?

I do power lifting normally. I've designed my own program. For the exact routine send me a message and I'll send you some screen shots

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!