Newbie. Need some motivating peers.

Options
Hi all!! I hope you all are doing well moving towards your weight loss goals. I'm new here, again. I am 32, and weight 235 today. I've been logging my calories and exercise for about a week now and have already lost 3 lbs ..YAY! My present goal is to be under 200. I am very ashamed and embarrassed that I have gained all this weight. I need some support and positive influences, as I am too embarrassed to ask my family and friends. Besides, I know you guys will be supportive and inspirational. If you have any insight to weight loss, please feel free to share. Good luck to all of you!!

Replies

• kendanault
    kendanault Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello. Please feel free to add me. I've started at 241 and just lost just under 30lbs. My ultimate goal is 150. My advice is not to let one bad day affect your motivation. Good luck!
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also sort of new here again. I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight but I have never put it into affect since 2012. I was around 220, and I got to 190 successfully. All I did was MFP and Zumba on a Wii. I was so much happier and my life was back on track. However, back then I was a stay at home mom, and I went from that to full time work and full time school. I stopped logging and being aware. I started being careless. I am now 242. I am very ashamed of my myself. But I cant let these negative thoughts cloud my life anymore. I have let those negative thoughts get in the way for FAR too long. 3 years almost 4. I will be making that change, little by little but I am excited to know that this time next year, i'll be healthier and happier.

Feel free to add me.

• secrets424
    secrets424 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Imonestepcloser!!

Happy to hear your back on track!! I stopped logging my food, but I'm back to it now. I'm trying to log everyday, and working out on the stationary bike 30 min everyday. Wii Zumba sounds fun! I work for the school district (and have my own small business) so I am on vacation now, but come Monday I'm back to work.. Those long 12 hour days. We'll see how I keep up with everything when I get back to real life. I've gotta stay strong and focused on my goals, make good food choices, and keep up with my exercise.

Thanks kendanault!
    Wow!! Congratulation on your weight loss. How did you do it? How long did it take? I will keep your advice in mind when I have "a bad day." I'll have to get right back on the horse and stay on the right track. So many times I have given up after a bad day, beating myself up along the way. But nobody is perfect, I should not expect perfection. There will be bumps along the way. But I can do this.

Let's do this!

Thanks again for your kind words and support!
  • etj865
    etj865 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me. 3 years ago I lost 50+ lbs and felt great...sadly I have added 40 back on. I am unhappy but have that motivation again. Back on MFP as tracking really helps me. I have lost 6 lbs this week by removing most sugar from my diet. My goal is to drop 70-80 and keep it off.
  • cfforbes327
    cfforbes327 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also ashamed about my weight gain. I'm at 180 pounds and would like to lose about 50 pounds. I'm giving this a try because a friend told me the food logging helped her a lot. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • JoannieB
    JoannieB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would be honored to support any new friends so feel free to add me!! I started at 267 lbs. so I totally understand ... I was also heavy my whole life and am doing well using MFP for maintenance at 114 lbs. Sending love and warm hugs -- no shame, no guilt -- only forgiveness and acceptance!! Together we can do this!! Joanne ♥
  • laifeartaighoonagh
    Options
    Hey lovelies! Great to read these posts and feel more motivated, it's great we are all on this journey together! Don't feel ashamed, just get ready to start feeling better, healthier.. You've already made the first step towards your new goals and you're ready to go get em.
  • penciljockey123
    penciljockey123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together and I'd be happy to join in the journey with ya. Having friends here helps us to be responsible and accountable. I'm just getting back on the proverbial wagon myself. I am now almost 38 and 220. I've had a couple of times where I tried to get a handle on my eating and exercise but I haven't stuck to it. But I'm not down on myself for this as it gave me lots of practice and now I'm better prepared to meet the challenges. Let's do this. :)
  • grattracey91
    grattracey91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi not sure how to add people but really need some friends to help me do this. Need to lose 20 pounds before my 50th birthday and the meds I'm on don't help and I fell off the wagon again last night
  • oceanbreezemfp
    oceanbreezemfp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We are the same weight id love to be friends and help each other
  • Quinnsl123
    Quinnsl123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    204 here. Please assist me too. I need to shift at least 40....
    Seems so much.
  • secrets424
    secrets424 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We literally wear our secret, our shame. But you're right guys, we shouldn't focus on our shame but focus on the changing our future selves..one day at a time.

For all the times I've tried and tried again, I will lose this weight. My weight causes me so much mental distress, but it's changeable. My life could be different a year from now. I just have to make one good choice after another, one at a time.

We can do this! We can lose the weight.

Thanks for all your support. Good luck on your journey.
  • lobelia15
    lobelia15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me too