Healthy diet for pregnancy?

Options
I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and I'm having a hard time laying off the Doritos!! I need help with good foods that make me full and some safe exercises to do, anything helps :)

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I ate eggs every single day. Drank milk, and ate cottage cheese with pineapple. Filled up on good proteins. And start focusing on fiber. At least 25 grams a day, you'll need it later on in the pregnancy.
    Google what to eat when pregnant. http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/nutrition/15-pregnancy-power-foods1/#page=1
    If this is your first baby, get a book on how to take care of a baby. Before the baby is born.

• TabethaMarie87
    TabethaMarie87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Janet basically covered it. I know how hard it is to try to eat right during pregnancy, I just had my son 2 weeks ago and also have a 2 year old daughter. All you can do is eat right most the time, it's okay to indulge in Doritos occasionally lol. I gained about 25 lbs with both pregnancies. Eating lean meats is ideal. Boneless skinless chicken breast is healthy and filling and there's ample different meals you can make with it like fajitas, salads, in a rice stir fry, etc. Chili is also healthy and filling, higher in calories of course, but worth it for all the good protein, fiber and vitamins. Nuts and spreads like peanut butter are great too. Whole grains, milk and cheese. Hard boiled eggs make a good breakfast. One of my favorite sandwiches is peanut butter and banana on whole grain bread along with glass of milk. It's healthy and filling. I hope some of those suggestions help.