my husband makes me mad

__stacyb
__stacyb Posts: 306
So I have a little rant..I'm fine with my husband wanting to eat like crap and not exercise...well...not really, but it's his choice so whatever. What gets me is him always feeding our kids junk and thinking it's okay. I think eating well is important duh.. My son (6) is a biggish boy, is considered obese, at least that's what the paper he brought home from school said, even though his doctor wasn't concerned about it, he's in the 90th percentile, but he's a healthy boy is what I was told. The thing is this morning for a snack he wanted a banana cut up with that powdered chocolate milk mix on top, um what? yeah that's the way his dad made it for him the other day. My husband is always finding new ways to make food not as good for you, and I'm sick of it!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Let's run away together.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Been there as the guilty party and now as I get healthier and try to get my kids to eat healthy its a challenge.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    I hear ya! What gets me is when I get home and all of the sudden there are bags of potato chips sitting on the counter and the kids feeding their faces full. :explode:
  • __stacyb
    Let's run away together.
    my bags are packed :)
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    I really really want to try that now.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    The 90% doesnt always mean he's obese, it just means that he is heavier than 90% of kids his age..My son is high 90s..for both height and weight..he is not obese by any means, just bigger than other kids.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Let's run away together.

Unpack them...he's mine!!!

*cyber jealousy*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    So I have a little rant..I'm fine with my husband wanting to eat like crap and not exercise...well...not really, but it's his choice so whatever. What gets me is him always feeding our kids junk and thinking it's okay. I think eating well is important duh.. My son (6) is a biggish boy, is considered obese, at least that's what the paper he brought home from school said, even though his doctor wasn't concerned about it, he's in the 90th percentile, but he's a healthy boy is what I was told. The thing is this morning for a snack he wanted a banana cut up with that powdered chocolate milk mix on top, um what? yeah that's the way his dad made it for him the other day. My husband is always finding new ways to make food not as good for you, and I'm sick of it!

A BANANA WITH POWDERED CHOCOLATE ON IT???

I'm surprised your son didn't keel over from a heart attack. I mean, that is the epitome of unhealthy. DIVORCE!!!! I say.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member

I'm surprised your son didn't keel over from a heart attack. I mean, that is the epitome of unhealthy. DIVORCE!!!! I say.

MURDER I say!!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    would it have been better if he replaced the powdered chocolate for fudge or chocolate frosting or maybe chocolate whey protein?
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Heck, I'd be glad he actually wanted to eat fruit.
  • __stacyb
    Let's run away together.

*cyber jealousy*
    Share? I'm sure Tim can make us both feel special.
  • __stacyb

MURDER I say!!!!
    why didn't I think of that! thank you!
  • chunkydunk714
    Let's run away together.

*cyber jealousy*
    Share? I'm sure Tim can make us both feel special.

Share as in one session share? Im down ;)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    My kid is 90th something percentile in height and weight. The doctor told me once to watch her diet because they didn't want her to weigh so much. I had her pull up her shirt and show him her 6 pack. It's never been brought up again.

Why not a banana and nutella? Or chocolate flavored applesauce. At least he's eating fruit.

Now I want a banana and nutella. Or with chocolate powder. Must.go.to.grocery.store.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Just to flip that on its head - why on earth would you need to put chocolate on a banana? They are sweet enough.

But then, I am the kind of weirdo who thinks peas re one of the nicest sweet things you can have - but they have to be minutes off the vine though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Just to flip that on its head - why on earth would you need to put chocolate on a banana? They are sweet enough.

But then, I am the kind of weirdo who thinks peas re one of the nicest sweet things you can have - but they have to be minutes off the vine though.
    You don't NEED to put chocolate on a banana, but if you would like to experience heaven, I recommend it.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279

MURDER I say!!!!

OF COURSE! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Maybe throw away all the junk food and replace them with healthy stuff?

Nice legs btw! Cheow!!
  • chunkydunk714
    Maybe throw away all the junk food and replace them with healthy stuff?

Nice legs btw! Cheow!!

she's mine....back off!

lol j/k....im on a good one today ;)