How many steps are you getting in per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I average 8,000-12,000 steps a day. It's a pretty accurate measurement of my steps, not always so much my running up and down stairs, and my workouts.
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I work from a desk. I don't have set hours, so I am there about 10 hours. I rarely take lunch. If I do it's to the kitchen and back again.

I drop my daughter off at the bus at 8am. I then set off on my walk. I walk as fast and as far as I can. I work from my phone if I have to. 3-6 miles everyday and I try to get in my 10k steps before I plop my butt down for the day. If I do not get in a good walk due to weather. sick child etc, I use a few fitness games on my Wii.

2 weeks after I started my routine, a neighbour started with me. We have been doing this for months, and we keep each other going.

I went from a lowly 1k steps a day to sometimes getting as many as 20k a day on a really good day 5 days a week.
  • dleivis87
    dleivis87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm only getting about 10k steps a day. Lee it up !
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging 11k to 12k steps a day.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I average 14K steps a day. It also depends on what I am doing at work.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Depends if I'm at work or not and if I do a run that day or not. On a day where I run and go to work, I can easily hit 25k steps. On a day where I don't do either. Probably like 1-2k XD
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    15700 to 28300 is my common final step/stroke count.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I wish I could use a FitBit, but I work in a Secure building, and we can't take anything in the building that has wireless capabilities or is able to store information. This includes cell phones, smart phones, tablets, laptops, and they have added FitBits to the list. I am considering getting just a regular step counter.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If you want a regular step counter, try Omron. I had the HJ-113 for years before I upgraded to a Fitbit One last month. It's very accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-Hj-113-Pocket-Pedometer-Walking/dp/B003NCSM3E

I'm averaging about 15k steps a day. I've got the dreaded desk job but I make myself get up every hour and walk from one end of the building to the other from the first floor to the third and back again. It's about 750 steps each time, so if I do that 7 or 8 times a day, I can rack up about 6,000 steps before home time.
  • molepigeon
    molepigeon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I aim for 15,000 a day, usually achieve it on weekdays. If I get 10,000 on the weekends I'm pleased with that. Most I ever got was 47,000 when I was on holiday in Paris and walked all day! Sadly my fondue and crepe consumption cancelled that all out...
  • crossfitknitter
    crossfitknitter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It depends. I have a pretty sedentary job where I'll only walk from my desk to the bathroom, to get coffee/tea, or to another meeting. Some days it's a struggle to get to 5k. Since I work in DC I've picked up the habit of walking from my office to my client sites if time (and shoes!) permits. On those days I can get closer to 10k. Winter kind of puts a damper on that :/ Once spring is hear and I start running again it'll be much higher!

This is pretty much me, too - spend all day sitting in front of a computer. If the weather is nice I'd walk down the street to grab lunch but that's out right now since I'm watching calories. I got a Varidesk last year so now I at least stand part of my work day but my Jawbone UP doesn't track for standing vs sitting.