Morning I'm 60 and want to stay fit and more important healthy

Now the magic number has arrived I need to put a little more pressure on myself to keep healthy first and then keep as fit as possible, supple muscles to play on the floor with my grandchildren and keep chasing them in the garden. Weight. Size figure not quite so important but comes along naturally with health and fitness...... MT GOAL, HEALTHY AND STAYING ALIVE.

Replies

• walk2health4me
    walk2health4me Posts: 30 Member
    Good Morning I'm 62 I noticed Mother Nature has a sense of humor...once you hit 60 things start to get cranky and your body sounds like rice crisps cereal snap crackle pop and boy do my knees pop...my spirit is still 18 but my body is 72 i am restarting to walk again after knee injuries last year and doing yoga and tai chi...i get most my exercise in spring and summer working in my back yard garden and front yard flower bed..right now i have a indoors exercise bicycle and gazelle glider.. if you want to chat back and forth to compare notes on how to stay healthy add me to your list..
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Good for you. I will be reaching that magic number this year also. Keeping up with my exercise, gaining muscle and trying to lose weight. You can add me if you'd like.
  • RedwoodCoast
    RedwoodCoast Posts: 107 Member
    Howdy, and welcome! I'm 63 and agree that prioritizing health, flexibility, balance, and strength is key to enjoying the next chapters. I'd like to be added to the lists of all three of you, because it sounds like we have both age and goals in common!
  • nlmessen2
    nlmessen2 Posts: 9 Member
    Good morning!!!!! Welcome! This is a great app!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    63 and here everyday for mutual support. Send me a friend request if you want support! Good luck/Cindy
  • Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    64 here. i'm here every day. feel free to add me for support.
  • as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    Hi, I'm 62 & been on MFP for almost a year. I want to stay active & healthy. Exercise has really help me stay limber & tone. Welcome.
  • sakhu1
    sakhu1 Posts: 2 Member
    I am 68 and in the last 3 years I have lost 37 lbs. My fitness pal is new for me this year and it really makes me aware of what I put into my mouth. It definitely motivates me choose healthy foods.