Asthmatic on insanity program

Options
Hi I am new to the whole exercise lifestyle, well since my early 20 anyway (10 years ago) and i have just had my first child which caused lots of emotional and physical scars when it come to my body, so I want to get fit and after losing 16 lb in 5 weeks through basic walking I decided to try Insanity by beachbody. This is where I'd like advice.. I am on day 5 and I am asthmatic so I am taking regular short breaks and sometime doing a much slower form of the exercise as I feel like I am going to die. Am I totally wasting my time or should I push through this ? After the exercise I do feel really good (if not in total muscle pain). Please help.. I would love your advice.

ps I am 168lb and 5 foot 6 if this helps at all :S

Replies

• Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Firstly I'm not a doctor and I have no experience of asthma.
    However when it comes to exercising with an illness you shouldn't push yourself too hard, unless prescribed by a doctor or medical professional.

I'm not going to say push through and I'm not going to say stop, but I am going to say talk to a professional as they know about asthma and exercize the best, and if they don't ask them to refer you. Tell the doctor about the insanity program, because they might know someone who has done it or they can work out if it is suitable for you :)

I hope this help. Sorry I could not give you an answer