Beginning again

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been on and off MFP for a few years, maybe even longer than that. I would like to lose between 30 and 40 lbs. I've had multiple left knee injuries over the years, so walking, yoga, and some ballet is all I can really manage. I have a goal to walk 100 miles by May, which is not a lot for an average person, but with all my knee issues, I feel it's appropriate. I would love friends who log regularly. See you around :)

Replies

• Lancer97
    Lancer97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm in the same boat. On and off over the years. In really giving it the go this time.

Request sent.
  • ksiddens25
    ksiddens25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here. Needing some mortal support from those who understand. Really want it this time around.
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating because I know how to lose the weight and get healthy. The hard part is going to be the determination to not give up!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This will be the 4th time I have restarted my journey. Each time I go for a little longer. Last year I made it to around May, and had successfully lost a total of 25 pounds. I managed to keep some of it off, but did gain back 15. I know what to do and how to do it, I just seem to lose focus and motivation, and start making excuses. Anyone can feel free to add me, and we can all try to work together to achieve success.
  • felicamo
    felicamo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all. This is my second time around. Two years ago I lost 37 lbs using the app. Then things happened. Great things that kept me busy. However, one day turned into two days, then a week, a month and almost two years gone without logging. Before you knew it I found those 37 lbs and 14 more. I know I can do it. I just need to stay focused.Good luck everyone.
  • amybkertesz
    amybkertesz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again as well. I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs.
  • f4rz
    f4rz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Ditto, this is the second time I am giving this a go. I have weak knees and a chronic muscle condition. I tried to do a high intensity workout this morning, and now feel rubbish. Need to stick to pilates!! My weight ballooned in recent years (after an accident) and my goal is to lose 25-30lbs of weight as well as strengthen some muscles.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Same here. This is a restart since the 1st. So far so good and it's not going to stop :) feel free to add
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Third time? Not sure...lost 35 lbs with WW about 5 years ago (gained it back and a bit more), but moved around a lot. Currently I live in a town without a lot of sidewalks. :/ Hoping to do a virtual walk to FL from VA by next year. I'm not completely on pace for it, but I'm hoping to make up a bit along the way. Happy to be friends. :)