Just something to get off my chest

Options
I originally posted this on Nutracheck but I wanted to post it here too.

This morning I looked in the mirror properly for the first time ever. I took a while to look at myself. My first thought was "You've got a long way to go" but my second thought was "I'm proud of myself". I'm proud because I noticed my rapid weight gain and I knew immediately that I had to make a big change. I'm proud because I've taken this seriously and I'm in control of what I eat/exercise.

I started this whole weight loss journey on the 29th of October at 211.4lbs, the highest I've ever been. Now I'm at 200.4lbs and I'm starting to notice big changes. I'm starting to notice that my thighs are not as big as they were and I can fit into my jeans more easily. I'm starting to notice my waist and it's starting to disappear. I'm starting to notice my arms are getting thinner and I'm starting to notice that I'm excited to wake up and exercise, I even got up during the night last night and did a workout instead of eating or watching tv because I couldn't sleep!

For the first time ever, I'm happy with myself. I still struggle with my mental health issues but I'm getting help with it. I exercise to distract myself from painful memories.Yes I've got 70lbs to lose before I get down to my healthy weight but for the first time ever, I'm not criticizing myself every time I look in the mirror. I'm seeing my improvements instead of my flaws and to me that's amazing.

Sorry for the long post but it's something I've wanted to say for a while now and it feels great to get it off my chest :)

Replies

• mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well done, it's great that you can see how well your doing :)
  • barfarkle
    barfarkle Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! It helps to focus on all those positives instead of the negative. And thanks for reminding me I should do the same thing!!
    48839 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I am happy for you and You and I sound a lot a like! I have been trying to pep talk my self to get back in gear and your post has inspired me!! Thanks Keep up your hard work and be happy when you reach your goal weight!! :)
  • Saboteurteehee
    Saboteurteehee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That IS amazing! I feel like the acceptance you're describing is what I read in all the "success" profiles. I'm so happy for you! You're already a success!! :)
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I'm so happy to see I'm not in this boat by myself! You're more than welcome to add me and we can get towards our goals together. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Shumbee
    Shumbee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorite quotes I feel particularly relates to weight loss, that helps me when I am discouraged about the time it will take:

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
    -- Earl Nightingale
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    nutmeg96 wrote: »

This morning I looked in the mirror properly for the first time ever. I took a while to look at myself. My first thought was "You've got a long way to go" but my second thought was "I'm proud of myself". I'm proud because I noticed my rapid weight gain and I knew immediately that I had to make a big change. I'm proud because I've taken this seriously and I'm in control of what I eat/exercise.

I started this whole weight loss journey on the 29th of October at 211.4lbs, the highest I've ever been. Now I'm at 200.4lbs and I'm starting to notice big changes. I'm starting to notice that my thighs are not as big as they were and I can fit into my jeans more easily. I'm starting to notice my waist and it's starting to disappear. I'm starting to notice my arms are getting thinner and I'm starting to notice that I'm excited to wake up and exercise, I even got up during the night last night and did a workout instead of eating or watching tv because I couldn't sleep!

For the first time ever, I'm happy with myself. I still struggle with my mental health issues but I'm getting help with it. I exercise to distract myself from painful memories.Yes I've got 70lbs to lose before I get down to my healthy weight but for the first time ever, I'm not criticizing myself every time I look in the mirror. I'm seeing my improvements instead of my flaws and to me that's amazing.

Sorry for the long post but it's something I've wanted to say for a while now and it feels great to get it off my chest :)
    Celebrating every one of those off scale victories is a huge part of keeping oneself motivated to persevere! Taking care of our mental and physical health should be a priority. So many people take care of everyone else but themselves. Gotta make 'me' time at least once a week.

Congrats on your weight loss, and bigger congrats on feeling great about the changes you're seeing!!

• His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I started in September at 209. I was in disbelief I weighed that much at my doctors appointment. My heaviest was 217, and I'll be damned if I get back up there again. Now I'm just under 190, going at it 5 lbs at a time.
    Any loss is a victory because that means what you're doing is working. When you can see a difference it's even more drive to continue, I totally understand!
  • trevnik3bys
    trevnik3bys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Great job!
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    MeganD_96 wrote: »

Congratulations and keep up the good work. I need to lose weight as well, and have been trying for awhile, sometimes it even seems like it's going to stick, only not to. Keep pushing, you're doing great!!