Caramel coffee with milk or caramel latte? Difference?

What the heck is the difference between a dunkin donuts caramel coffee with skim milk and sugar And a caramel latte with skim milk?!
Wouldn't a coffee with milk make it a latte?
Their nutrition menu on their site sucks.
So which would have less calories?

Replies

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    A latte is all milk with a shot of espresso
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Caramel coffee with milk would have less... it is flavoured water with a bit of milk. A latte is all milk with a tiny bit of flavoured water and usually will have a few flavour shots
  • so a caramel coffee with skim milk and sugar should have less calories??
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    so a caramel coffee with skim milk and sugar should have less calories??

It should- just make sure it's a caramel shot (unsweetened flavoring) rather than the caramel swirl (the sugar syrup).
  • Thanks mallory!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Latte - espresso, shot of flavor syrup, steamed milk.
    Coffee with milk - flavored coffee (no calories) and milk.
  • So if i got a caramel coffee or a just coffee with no milk they would still be the same amount of calories?
  • Francl27
    Yes, just ask it black to make sure.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Speaking from experience, you need to be careful when you order this.
    Nine times out of ten they'll try to use regular coffee, add milk, and add caramel syrup WITH sugar. The nutritional information online for a caramel flavored coffee includes the caramel syrup flavoring, which is why if you add sugar it won't really calculate. Their nutritional calculator is pretty strange and hard to get used to, it also won't do a lot of things for some reason. I don't fully trust it :p
  • I just ordered a "medium hot caramel coffee with skim milk". I'm just going to put in the highest amount of calories on their thing anyway just to be sure
  • Francl27
    hgycta wrote: »
    Speaking from experience, you need to be careful when you order this.
    Nine times out of ten they'll try to use regular coffee, add milk, and add caramel syrup WITH sugar. The nutritional information online for a caramel flavored coffee includes the caramel syrup flavoring, which is why if you add sugar it won't really calculate. Their nutritional calculator is pretty strange and hard to get used to, it also won't do a lot of things for some reason. I don't fully trust it :p

Well at Dunkin Donut they sell black flavored coffee (caramel, hazelnut, vanilla maybe?) so if you just ask for a black caramel coffee, it should be pretty safe. At least at DD.