Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coconut water

So I tried to be all healthy today and bought some VitaCoco Pure coconut water...had a great workout and sweated a ton so I thought this is the time to try it out.

One sip and I about gagged!! So nasty and not even worth the benefits. :sick:

Is there any out there that taste good??

Replies

• wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    I had heard this was nasty, so I don't dare to try it...
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    I love coconut, but I HATE coconut water. I've tried a couple different types. I don't know why!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    I love coconut, but I HATE coconut water. I've tried a couple different types. I don't know why!

me too! my friend says you become used to the taste, but i'd rather have regular water, or a coconut milk thai ice tea or something.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    They make a kind that has pineapple flavor that is a bit more palatable.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    I can't stand the taste, but it's got great nutrients so I add it in my protein shake...can't even taste it
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    i tried plain coconut water for the very first time a few ago and spit it out. then a friend had me try the pineapple coconut water and it was better (i was able to swallow the sip i had). now my friend couldn't stop talking about the benefits of coconut water but from what she said i just wasn't getting it. so.... seriously what is the benefit of drinking coconut water?
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    i tried plain coconut water for the very first time a few ago and spit it out. then a friend had me try the pineapple coconut water and it was better (i was able to swallow the sip i had). now my friend couldn't stop talking about the benefits of coconut water but from what she said i just wasn't getting it. so.... seriously what is the benefit of drinking coconut water?

I drink it for the high potassium content.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    So I tried to be all healthy today and bought some VitaCoco Pure coconut water...had a great workout and sweated a ton so I thought this is the time to try it out.

One sip and I about gagged!! So nasty and not even worth the benefits. :sick:

Is there any out there that taste good??

Real coconut water taste nothing like the crap they sell in the stores - waste of money
  • cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    I love actual coconut so I've tried every kind hoping I would find one I could stomach. Even tried straight coconut water from the actual coconut in Africa and almost threw up.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    FRESH IS BEST! I used to have to go to Whole Foods or the Asian market to find young coconuts (the kind the water comes from, I don't know how to post pictures here, so Google "young coconut" to see what they look like, note that they are not the brown mature ones) but now pretty much any large supermarket with a decent produce department carries them. Go on YouTube and watch a video on how to crack them open with out losing any of the water ... the meat inside is pretty good too, it's like coconut jelly(you can even drill a hole in one and stick a straw in it).
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    I tried it. I like it. I'm the only one in my family who likes it. So, I don't think it's a "You get used to it", rather it's more "It's something you either like or don't."
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    They make a kind that has pineapple flavor that is a bit more palatable.

That's what I thought at first.... but nope... still disgusting tasting!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    I can't drink it either.
    It tastes terrible.

a friend described the taste as "watered down jizz"
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I really liked it..the coconut flavour, not the funky mango coconut one. I really liked it LOL..but only drink it occasionally to rehydrate after a very long run..you can't beat good old fashioned water.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Tastes like straight up piss and old hot dog water. Seriously - barf.

I tried to like it but OH MY GOD. JUST NO.
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    I like the idea of adding it to your protein drink or mixing it with pineapple.

The benefits are great with so little calories. Potassium is so hard to get the full amount in and this stuff has a ton of it, which is the main reason I wanted to try it...plus it has all the electrolytes without all the added sugar.

I guess I'll just chalk this one up to a fail :ohwell:
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Agree - PURE NASTINESS!!!
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    Tastes like straight up piss and old hot dog water. Seriously - barf.

I tried to like it but OH MY GOD. JUST NO.

Now that about sums it up to a tee :laugh:
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    The regular coconut water is gross to me too. But I LOVE the mango flavored coconut water, or the guava or pineapple. Get a coconut water with an added flavor and it is absolutely delicious!
  • downeyek
    downeyek Posts: 41 Member
    There are some "flavored" versions, but they have a lot of added crap. I find that it goes down A LOT easier if you keep it ice-ice cold. If you really want the benefits and not the taste, you could use it in a smoothie...just use it instead of some of the water.