Help please how do I get unstuck

Options
I've been stuck at the same weight for about eight months of increase my calories of decrease my calories neither one seems to matter I work out for 90 minutes three times a week i'm 11 pounds higher than my lowest weight and that's when I went on vacation and for one week I was all right but I might've had a few beverages the second week pretty strict and go to the gym three times I'm tired of being stuck if anybody has any suggestions on how to get past this roadblock I would prescient your help I think after 8 month I should've been moving forward I stay within my calorie goal I don't know what I'm doing wrong now and I don't want to go to 500 cal a day not good for my body or my organs thank you for your help

Replies

• MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Look at what you're eating and see if you're in a rut. We tend to stick with our favorites and don't mix up our menus enough. Many times, people are under eating fats and since the body needs a minimum amount of fat to survive the body will begin to store it. How is your daily water intake? Are you building muscle with your workouts or just keeping fit? Also look at your workout, as this is another place where mixing it up can jumpstart the loss.
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much
  • gcycyk
    gcycyk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You could be gaining muscle which is good! If your body fat is below 12 percent then you may have to really step up circuit traning and cardio. Swimming is good because it works out all your major muscle groups at once. As the lower your BF gets the harder you have to do fat burning routines. From what i read anyhow!!
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's all calories in/calories out. Get a good scale and weigh and log everything. Easy to say but harder to do.
  • tburgess242002
    Options
    I do that everything and I've logged in for 475 days straight and I drink 12 to14 glasses of water a day in the doctor tells me not to drink anymore and make me drink a 12 ounce Gatorade because I'm losing too many electrolytes One thing I do know is I tend to eat the same thing a lot I don't know if that matters thank you both
  • Thickivory
    Thickivory Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try carb cycling. I was stuck for 8 months as well and decided to try something completely new. Starting my second week and I'm down 6 pounds. I recommend it to anyone at a plateau shoot me an add if u wanna check out my food diary
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Are you overestimating your calorie burn? If I eat less I lose weight. I have to think that, since you're in maintenance and at or over 1200 calories, you might be overestimating exercise calories. I cut the calories to exercise if I haven't slipped but plateau for more than 3 weeks. But that rarely happens to me. It's almost always because I slip and eat too much, that I plateau.
  • tburgess242002
    Options
    Thank you all