Any help would be great

Options
Im a hard gainer but have managed to gain 22lbs. I started off at 170lbs and am currently at 192lbs. My goal is to get over 200lbs and maintain healthy body fat level. Im currently at 13%. Im just looking for advice and inspiration to help me reach my goals.

Replies

• RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Damn that's good progress. My advice is to keep increasing your intake until you get there.
  • davidsnewsham
    davidsnewsham Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good gains... over what period have you gained the 22? As above keep increasing your intake. Make sure you keep records of training diet etc to keep track of what works for you. Make sure your also looking at your training program and changing that up.
  • AliMalek21
    AliMalek21 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is lift weight and eat a lot so when ur gaining ur also gaining muscles
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    22lbs doesn't sound like a hardgainer to me. Sounds like you are doing well so keep up the good work.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    keep doing the same thing that you did to gain 22 pounds…

hard gainers are a myth by the way ...
  • Dazzler20
    Dazzler20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You cant call yourself a hardgainer starting at 170 unless you are like 6foot5 I'm 5.10 and started at 120 pounds at about 140 now in two years painfully slow process but that's the price of being natural keep going you'll get there
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Dazzler20 wrote: »
    You cant call yourself a hardgainer starting at 170 unless you are like 6foot5 I'm 5.10 and started at 120 pounds at about 140 now in two years painfully slow process but that's the price of being natural keep going you'll get there

I feel your pain since I was in a similar situation. Eat more and it will fall in place, I promise you that.
  • coleRam
    coleRam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dazzler20 wrote: »

I am 6'2" and i was at 170 but if its a myth like the othr person said that would be great. It was always so hard to gain the weight. More them likely i just was eating less then i thought. And thank you
  • Grosen17
    Grosen17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good job man, that's a good jump
    Depending on what you're trying to achieve physically (what type of physique) I can offer some nutrition or workout advice :)
  • coleRam
    coleRam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Grosen17 wrote: »
    Good job man, that's a good jump
    Depending on what you're trying to achieve physically (what type of physique) I can offer some nutrition or workout advice :)

Thank you. I am a very slim build even with the weight gain and im tall 6'2". Im just looking to get bigger over all. Im stuck in my small frame and thats okay i just want to add the weight safely, naturally, and as healthy as possible which is why its been takikg so long. Any advice will be taken to heart.
  • Grosen17
    Grosen17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle. Graduated high school at 135lb in 2006. Worked my *kitten* off for the last 8-9 years trying to put on weight. I've gone through a multitude of routines l and diets. I've finally found a regiment that has been working out great.
    I'd be happy to go into specifics regarding the routine but here it is simplified:
    Monday - chest, tricep
    Tuesday - shoulders, bicep
    Wednesday - cardio, legs, abs
    Thursday - back, calves
    Friday - chest, cardio, abs
    Saturday - deadlifts, legs
    Sunday - rest

It's not a routine for the average person but it's tailored toward lean mass, leg growth which in turn promotes upper body growth and a solid core

Feel free to take a look at my diet if you can see my diary and message me if you want me to get into the workouts involved in the routines

Always happy to help

Currently I'm 6ft 1inch @ 220 lb

IF THIS *kitten* WAS EASY,
    EVERYONE WOULD DO IT