Does Benelife USA skinny mint tea work?

Options
MelochinCat
MelochinCat Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I was thinking about ordering this tea to help boost my weight loss however I haven't seen any reviews on it so far.

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Only a calorie deficit "works".
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Anything that claims to boost weight loss does not work. The only thing that works is a calorie deficit, so save your money.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    It's probably a laxative and therefore bad for you.

Teas and scamwoo like that are just rubbish. Get a food scale and stick to the calorie goal MFP has given you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Based on the ingredients, it's stimulants (green tea and yerba mate) and laxatives (senna leaf). So they only weight loss you'll see is water weight and food waste from all the time you'll spend in the bathroom. It even says on the site: "blended with a natural and gentle laxative and herbs to prevent stomach cramping." They had to put something in it to prevent the pain you would feel from ingesting it.

As for the claim of "eliminates toxins released from fat cells," how many people do you know that have been hospitalized from toxin overload due to weight loss? If this were true, someone on The Biggest Loser would have collapsed from it by now.

Save your money, it's not worth it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's socially acceptable laxative abuse. It's worse than useless, it is potentially damaging. Laxative abuse can be habit forming and make your gut lazy, to the point you no longer have normal bowel movements without it.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Nothing will help "boost" weight loss except eat less calories than you burn (AKA calorie deficit). The tea is a laxative.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not my post but I just want to say thanks commenters for the truthful and honest advice. I myself often wonder if these gimmicks do any good. Clearly, there are just gimmicks. Calorie regulation/deficit and reasonable exercise are the tried and true methods to success.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Used it and yup just a laxative, actually made me hungrier as I was empty! Seriously, don't waste your money!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Not my post but I just want to say thanks commenters for the truthful and honest advice. I myself often wonder if these gimmicks do any good. Clearly, there are just gimmicks. Calorie regulation/deficit and reasonable exercise are the tried and true methods to success.

I'm glad you feel that way. I learned the "hard" way by trying them, getting frustrated, and getting diarrhea. It took me a long time to get to calorie counting and it's the only thing that worked.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    There's no quick fix, there's no easy way out. If you want to lose weight then you will need a calorie deficit.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's eye opening to go read some threads in the "Success Stories" forum. I don't see many, if any, who claim that their successful weight loss came from detoxes, cleanses or fad diets. Just sustained calorie deficit, hard work and time.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    It's socially acceptable laxative abuse. It's worse than useless, it is potentially damaging. Laxative abuse can be habit forming and make your gut lazy, to the point you no longer have normal bowel movements without it.

THIS!!!!