What have you "Prepped" for the coming week?

Options

Replies

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, made spicy turkey for lettuce wraps, made a chicken, black bean and quinoa salad. Cooked some chicken for stuffed peppers. Excited for this week of clean eating I'm doing.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I prep lunches for three of us right now so I just do five of each recipe and mix and match between us. This week it was:

Sweet and sour meatballs over rice (hubs) or spaghetti squash (me)
    Meatballs with garlic wine sauce over rice or squash
    Sweet onion chicken breast, broccoli and rice or squash

I've also prepped raw veggies, trail mix for him and dinners are planned but not made. I eat eggs everyday for breakfast so no planning needed for that one.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't typically prep food for the week but I did make a pot of venison stew yesterday and the leftovers will provide a couple of lunches this week.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't really prep and kind of checking this out for future ideas. My husband and I luckily have schedules that allow us to meal prep and cook daily. But for us Sunday is grocery day and we plan out meals, for example 4-5 different breakfasts, lunches & dinners at least.

This week will be heavy on the bananas, pears, cabbage and zucchini since they were among the only produce that looked great right now.

Stir fry. Soup. Zucchini lasagna. Kung Pao chickpeas with chopped cabbage and onion.

For a couple of our lunches this week we're doing these yummy wraps:

large flour tortilla (1) spread with hummus, and then filled with
    shredded carrots
    shelled edamame
    cooked, rinsed black beans
    sliced avocado
    baby spinach
    shredded cabbage
    splash of lemon juice
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I did groceries and prelogged the protein for the next 4 days. That's the extant of my weekly prepping.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Came up with a meal plan for dinner to last me until next Saturday. Went grocery shopping for the week.

This week's prep:
    Peeled and chopped my butternut squash. Half I roasted for my risotto tonight (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/barley-butternut-squash-shiitake-risotto)

The other half I put in a container in the 'fridge to be eaten on Wednesday when I make this Moroccan inspired dish (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-butternut-tagine)

Figured out what meat needs to be pulled from the freezer when, and put it on my calendar. Yep, if it's not on my calendar, I will forget.

Cut up a pomegranate. Put the arils in a tupper in the 'fridge. To be eaten as a snack or yogurt topping as needed.

That's about all I did for prep. Wednesday I will make a batch of quick pickles to go with my Korean style meatballs on Thursday. I may shred the cheese for my tacos at that time, too, since I'll have the food processor out.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I made some breakfast burritos with eggs, sausage, & veggies and froze them so I can grab and go in the mornings. I also made a pot of Skinnytaste's Minestrone soup! Yum!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast. Cut into individual portions for freezing.
    Brown rice
    quinoa
    Chickpeas with kale and tomato sauce
    Pomegranate raw seeds in individual portions. Snack topping for greek yogurt. Also, topping for breakfast oatmeal(not instant)
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My "sunday prep" this week was egg muffins, a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs sliced up and sauteed, and a big casserole dish of roasted veggies (carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, parsnips and beets).
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Just prepped my salads for lunch this week. diced and washed all my veggies. I need to get more into the breakfast prep type stuff. Cereal and oatmeal is getting old.
  • alotaherbs
    alotaherbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled pastured eggs, smoked a whole turkey breast, sushi rolls, carrot sticks & roasted red pepper hummus, bone broth from deer bones, lentil soup & raw energy bars.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    In for more ideas :)

Today I'll be doing some egg muffins with sausage crumbles, cheese and spinach. I'll also be grilling a bunch of chicken for either wraps or salads, hard boiled and pickled eggs and cleaning and bagging veggies.
  • tk1dgr1
    tk1dgr1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I prepped some raspberry/chocolate oatmeal, chopped up fruit, hard boiled some eggs and chopped veggies for salad and made the lemony chicken orzo i found on the blog.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I do not prep for the week - I eat same thing for breakfast and lunch every day - quick to go prepping for 10 minutes the night before
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    ki4eld wrote: »

5lbs taco meat
    3lbs bacon
    4 1.5lb meat loafs

30lbs lamb, beef, pork, chicken, turkey (cut, bagged, seasoned, frozen)

Please tell me this isn't for just one week...

lol No. We do a bulk meat buy once a month. The 30lbs will last most of that unless we get an influx of kids/grandkids one weekend. The 5lbs of taco meat is for a month (1.5lbs per week, hubby is a huge fan) and the 4 meat loafs are one per week. The bacon? Well, about two weeks, depending on how snack-happy I get with it.

4 of the 6lbs of veggies is just for the next few days. Hubby eats them 3 meals a day (he comes home for lunch and I cook 3 meals a day here). Most of the eggplant and zucchini were for lasagna.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have all my veg weighed until Wednesday. Thursday - Sunday are usually more up in the air.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Each Sunday I make either a big pot of soup or a bunch of salads prepared without dressing. And packaged, portioned out egg muffins and turkey sausage for breakfast. Dinners are planned with what I got a the grocery store. But I've been doing this for 4 years now, so it's nothing to be proud of...
  • VeryBerryJen
    VeryBerryJen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get myself to prep, but I have tried to make something on Sunday to have for a couple of days for lunch. Last night I made Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. It made about 10 servings at 84 calories a serving (for just the filling) I had a Fajita for lunch today, and I think I'm going to just have the meat and veggies for dinner tonight.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I have a new pressure cooker and was playing with it last week. So, I 'prepped' lots of leftovers for this week! I probably won't have to cook a single meal :tongue:

Split pea and ham soup
    Senate bean soup
    Pot roast & the usual veg
    Pulled pork & cabbage

I ate all of my curried lentils last week. Man, were they good with poached eggs and/or sweet potato. Will be making again once I clear my fridge and freezer some!