Sodium

Options
So I have been losing weight at a steady pace but I was going over my diary and realized that I an over on sodium just about everyday, I am under in calories. My question is with my high sodium could I actually be lighter then I think do to water retention.

Replies

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It's possible! I suppose it depends on how much over you are on sodium, and also possibly how much water you are drinking (since that may flush the sodium). I am pretty sensitive to sodium, and I notice that when I go over the recommended amount I definitely retain water. Then again, I almost always come in under the recommended amount so it may just be because my body isn't used to it.
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How much are you over by? I do try and limit my sodium for heart health/blood pressure but it's hard to do. I used to eat a lot more foods with sodium when I was younger and definitely felt more bloated
  • Getty59
    Getty59 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not over by any crazy amounts. But still over more often then not. Was just wondering is all.
  • cooktolooseweight
    Options
    i too have the problem looking over my diary, sodium levels are always over, never occurred to me that is why my ankles are always puffy during the day, but don't know how to fix it. any help?