Sleeping

Options
So today was day one... Worked out twice ate under my calorie goal. Tracked my fitness and calories and it was fun!! But I am not looking forward to getting to bed early to get my 8 hours...

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why not? Sleep is good for you.
  • crossjared1980
    crossjared1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep...sleep is essential for recovery.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to sleep for some reason after starting eating differently. I wake up around 1-2 am and stay awake for hours, maybe fall asleep for couple hours again then. No idea why but it seems to have something to do with food, do I eat it too much before sleep or is the meal too early and I get hungry at night? Eating something small at night after waking up doesn't seem to make difference... :s I just don't feel tired at all :|
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna sleep either. I want to stay up eating popcorn and watching X Files all night.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Veryana wrote: »
    I haven't been able to sleep for some reason after starting eating differently. I wake up around 1-2 am and stay awake for hours, maybe fall asleep for couple hours again then. No idea why but it seems to have something to do with food, do I eat it too much before sleep or is the meal too early and I get hungry at night? Eating something small at night after waking up doesn't seem to make difference... :s I just don't feel tired at all :|

Losing weight, changing your eating, and working out all are factors that affect your body chemistry and thus possibly your sleep too. This from my sleep Doctor.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Your anxiety gets so bad, you can't even get out of bed to change your sheets... without thinking someone's gonna attack you. Or being so afraid to sleep and find out my mom had an appointment an hour out of town and I slept the entire day, so I couldn't go with her if something happened (GOD FORBID).
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Your anxiety gets so bad, you can't even get out of bed to change your sheets... without thinking someone's gonna attack you. Or being so afraid to sleep and find out my mom had an appointment an hour out of town and I slept the entire day, so I couldn't go with her if something happened (GOD FORBID).

Are you OK?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Are you OK?

Nobody's "okay" or "normal".