Breaking habits

Options
mutant80
mutant80 Posts: 33 Member
Random ? For y'all what's the hardest day to stick to your diet or tracking??. For me it's Sundays it's my first day off and I usually use as a cheat day, I'm a huge football fan so I might have something outside of my normal eating regimen,I think it's impart the way I grew up Sundays was always family day food relaxation,today is my first Sunday I didn't do the norm because I'm spreading my cheat day out in a monthly span. Really challenging

Replies

• blondierunner2015
    blondierunner2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Friday night. Usually family fun night or dead night. During sports seasons it's Saturday's, All my children are in sports, so we are at games all. Day. Long. Working on preparing meals ahead this year and planning better for the cheating not to happen as often.
  • mutant80
    Options
    Yes good luck it may be challenging doesn't mean we fold
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't do the cheat day. Once a week I have a treat and that's it. A whole day was too much for me. The smaller indulgence allowed me to keep it weekly. Good luck. It's a tough one.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't do a cheat day either, because it's just like when I quit smoking the first time. The first time, I lasted 3 or 4 months, and had one cigarette, then bought a pack. I went back to smoking for years.
    So, I knew going into it when I quit (2 years in May) that it meant I couldn't even have 1. I stopped craving it after that,but it took several months.

So, I snack on something indulgent if I can get away with it once a week. I've noticed that my indulgent little goodie tastes all the better when it's less frequent. My one true love, peppermint Hershey kisses, or the Ghiradelli peppermint bark squares.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    I play a lot of soccer, and all my soccer buddies always tell me "you do so much cardio it doesnt really matter what you eat just dont eat too much"

So i try not too but if im with them i will eat whatever...

I really hate it but for the past 3 months i havent cheated, except for the two holiday weeks :\

i think one habit i cannot break for certain is consuming chocolate.

• mutant80
    Options
    Aclark1023 congrats on quit smoking been 10 yrs for me cold turkey and through graces of god will power never looked back. Yea my realationship with food is the same if I have a sprluge day it's hard to recover but I've been at this for a while so even when I'm making bad choices I'm still reading packages or checking ingredients lol it's horrible I try to never go all the way overboard cause I understand me
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    Everyday is hard for me
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    It didn't put the rest of my message?! Weird?!