Any Vegan athletes out there?

been Vegan for awhile looking for people to bounce good meal recipes with

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    I eat mostly plant-based, but I wouldn't call myself an athlete by any stretch. If you're looking for ideas you could check out the forums at veganbodybuilding.com, I think they have a nutrition/recipes section :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    How do you define "athlete"? I'm vegan and I run 20-50 miles a week.
  • rmfarris987
    rmfarris987 Posts: 15 Member
    20-50 miles, I'd say that would make you an athlete haha....
  • Clara52300
    Clara52300 Posts: 5 Member
    I consider myself a Vegan. I eat eggs from my home chickens tho, brcause I know they're treated well, and they get to roam and eat grass/bugs as far as they want.
  • ChristinaGurgul
    ChristinaGurgul Posts: 3 Member
    I am vegan. Eating whole foods, plant based diet with no refined sugar or added fat or oils. Less than 10% of my calories can come from fat. Doing this for medical reasons. But I have found great results. Digestion, energy, weight loss and overall feeling better have been the results. It isn't easy - try to cook with no oil and make recipes using NO sugar, of any kind. But there are some great websites vegan8.com is one I love. no more than 8 ingredients, and often no sugar or oil added. I have also greatly increased my activity. 10,000 steps a day, yoga, dog walking. Maybe not "athlete" material, but feeling pretty good.