What to do with brussel sprouts?

Options
13»

Replies

• angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree with others when they say "NEVER boil them". They turn into sad little mushy balls when boiled.

Rubbish! They are fine boiled or steamed, especially the smaller ones, lovely and sweet and nutty. Just don't overcook them. 5-7 minutes is fine. I like them like that, or as others have said, shredded and sautéed with butter, plus bacon if you like.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I made all variations and only boiled a couple. I don't know why people don't like them boiled. I quite enjoyed them in every way! They have such a unique taste... I wish I could have them more often.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I made all variations and only boiled a couple. I don't know why people don't like them boiled. I quite enjoyed them in every way! They have such a unique taste... I wish I could have them more often.

Glad you liked them! They are one of our favourite veggies.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them in years, no one in my family likes them, I love them I like them roasted. I think I may buy some.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like to cut them in half and roast them in the oven with some chopped up bacon. Make sure the bacon is on the sprouts and stir occasionally. When the bacon is crispy, sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and broil until the cheese is bubbly.