Cucumbers?

Options
13»

Replies

• NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    You can make chicken gyros!

Pitas
    Chicken (marinated in a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic & oregano)

Tzatiki Cucumber Sauce:
    1 Cup Greek Yogurt
    1 minced garlic clove
    1/2 tsp oregano, or mint if you prefer
    1/2 cup diced cucumbers
    Salt to taste

Garnish pitas with fresh tomato and cucumbers!!!

This sounds so yummy must try it where do you get that Tzatiki Cucumber sauce?
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this! Great ideas! I have 1 1/2 cucumbers in the fridge right now that I have to use! Thanks!
  • lisaks
    lisaks Posts: 3
    Options
    how about a nice greek salad with your cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, and greek dressing. Doesn't take much dressing...
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options

Pitas

Tzatiki Cucumber Sauce:
    1 Cup Greek Yogurt
    1 minced garlic clove
    1/2 cup diced cucumbers
    Salt to taste

I know the question wasn't for me but they wrote the recipe for the tzatiki sauce under the name for you to make it yourself :). Looks good I think I might try to make it myself since I always have a stock of cucumbers (just went to the store and bought 6 more giant cukes because I was getting low :P.)
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    on top of triscuits with hummus. MMM
  • Somethingirl
    Options
    You don't have to eat it, you could always make a facial out of it, just shread the cucumber and squeeze out the juice, add lemon juice and sugar (but make sure the liquid is icy cold first so the sugar doesn't disolve!) and viola! apply to the face and rub gently in circles for a max of 5 mins, its veryy refreshing :)

Or you could shread it, add some creme freche or 0% fat greek yogurt and some chopped up mint for a nice summery dip :)
  • Somethingirl
    Options
    oops added it twice ><
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

Pitas

Tzatiki Cucumber Sauce:
    1 Cup Greek Yogurt
    1 minced garlic clove
    1/2 cup diced cucumbers
    Salt to taste

I know the question wasn't for me but they wrote the recipe for the tzatiki sauce under the name for you to make it yourself :). Looks good I think I might try to make it myself since I always have a stock of cucumbers (just went to the store and bought 6 more giant cukes because I was getting low :P.)

Thanks I see now I was thinking that was some special sauce to go along with the receipe LOL oh well it's for dinner tonigh sure hope it turns out good!!! :laugh:
  • kfsmith1971
    Options
    Sounds great! Going to try tomorrow.
  • hadababyitsagirl
    Options
    We have tons in our garden too. My husband soaks them in something in the fridge over night but I don't like them in that vinegar tasting stuff....so i just simply slice, salt, and dip!! I use the Walmart Brand LIGHT Buttermilk Ranch...soooo good.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump