Eating the same thing every day?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
Is it a problem to eat the same things every day?

I tend to have the same thing for breakfast on weekdays (vanilla Greek yogurt with blueberries, raspberries, or cherries) and I've pre-made a red lentil, carrot, & leek soup for my lunches that will probably last 2 weeks from the freezer.

Is it perfectly fine to repeat the first 2 meals all the time? Or is it a problem? Thanks!

Replies

• cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every day. My lunch on a weekday is very repetitive too. I don't have any problems doing this. Still losing weight nice and steadily :smile:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Not a problem..... I do it on weekdays for weeks on end. I have different meals throughout the day, like you, so get a range of nutrients from different sources.

I think repetitive eating would be an issue if you were eating, say, chicken and broccoli and rice with butter 5 times a day, every day
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't get bored. I can't eat the same thing more than 2 days in a row or I completely derail (read: go to the office cafeteria and get chicken tenders and fries..)
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    As long as you are meeting your macro and micro goals, there shouldn't be an issue. I have had the same breakfast (or choice of two breakfasts) for the past year.
  • dirtycxer
    dirtycxer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I pre-make my lunches for the week and it works great! I have never had any issues with doing this. Dinner and breakfast tend to vary daily but are the same in a 4 week timeframe.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    So long as you're getting sufficient nutrition, I don't see an issue. The only problem I can see is that you may be low on a specific vitamin or something. If you're eating varied dinners, that's probably not a problem. For me, I tend to have the same breakfast and snacks everyday -1 cup of Special K (generic store brand because I'm cheap) with 3/4 cup of skim milk for breakfast, a banana for a mid morning snack, and an orange or apple for a mid afternoon snack. Dinners vary. Lunch is usually left overs from the previous night's dinner. Dessert is usually an ice cream bar of some sort. Do what works for you.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    ok thanks guys! :)
    Not a problem..... I do it on weekdays for weeks on end. I have different meals throughout the day, like you, so get a range of nutrients from different sources.

I think repetitive eating would be an issue if you were eating, say, chicken and broccoli and rice with butter 5 times a day, every day

^this is probably why I was thinking there could be a problem, but yeah that's not what I'm doing :)
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast and lunch everyday but dinner is always different. I never get tired of it but, I'm sure, others would. It's really whatever works for you.