high protein meals?

Options
lindz4ever
lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
My husband is on a high protein diet for power lifting. I need some other ideas to feed him besides stake, eggs and cottage cheese all the time.

Replies

• steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Tuna
  • anthony_o1
    anthony_o1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted chicken, lean steak, salmon raw, my top 3. Dose the trick. Also throw in a few protein shakes.
  • lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, that's all he's been eating is stake and chicken and cottage cheese I didn't know if there was anything else to had to my grocery list
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fish is the purest source of protein out there. tuna (as mentioned above) has great macros. Salmon and Mackerel are great for high protein and essential fats.

Try and avoid long periods of RED meat. Or stick to Venison which is the least fatty. I love red meat but it's not the the best for the body.
  • kangle97
    kangle97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to get as much protein in a day that I can. I also limit my carb intake as much as possible. I find making any of my favorites, but either eliminating or subsituting vegetables or something else for the carbs works great...plus you actually taste the good stuff instead of having the "fillers" (pasta, rice, etc.) I also love wraps which I have found the low carb higher protein (9 grams per flatbread) and load it up with cheeses and different meats for something different (I usually get an average of 30+grams of protein per wrap!). But again, I am not doing the protein thing for the power lifting, I do it because that is how I lost 115 pounds. Plus I feel so much better eating this way!
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I want to make this.... but I am out of butter. Any ideas?
    Garlic Lemon Butter Parmesan Shrimp
    1 lb extra large or jumbo shrimp
    1 stick butter
    1 tbsp italian seasoning
    2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 lemon
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    Directions
    Clean and devain the shrimp.
    In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and sauté garlic for a minute.
    Add shrimp and sprinkle on Italian seasoning. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
    Squeeze halved lemon over shrimp and then sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
    Cook for another two minutes or until shrimp turn white.
    Add your favorite side and enjoy!
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    no chicken?? that's the staple protein in my opinion
  • JackSlosse1
    JackSlosse1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you buy pasteurized egg whites by the carton he can really bump up his protein by making a shake using the whites as the liquid base. They're tasteless and cheap with 25g of protein per cup.

- 2 Cups egg whites (pasteurized)
    - Half cup of rolled oats
    - 1 banana
    - Tbsp of Flax Oil
    - Cinnamon to taste

60g of protein
    60g of carbs
    20g of fat
    7g of fiber

It's nothing fancy but it's quick and easy