Protein powder

Options
Does protein powder really help heal muscles. Mine are really sore today from some really hard calisthenics from yesterday. If so what are some good ones

Replies

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yes and no... protien helps build muscle so if you aren't meeting your protien goals then yes it could. As for helping with soreness as far as I know and have expired they don't specifically do anything to help with that.

If you're so what will help is lots of water and stretching.

If you decide a portion powder would be good for you there are lots of brands personally I like muscle pharm combat. But I don't think there is anything too special about that brand in particular.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i think BCAA's help me with sore muscles, but I gotta be taking it before during and after the workout and also the next day. The best thing for sore muscles as active recovery and massage. The more you exercise the less they will hurt over time.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I also take a bcaa supplement during workouts. But idk how much it helps with soreness if I'm lifting hard I just expect to be sore I don't think there is any magic cure. It just means you had a good a workout.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    None of that will help with sore muscles now, they help reduce the duration and severity of that sore feeling though when taken both consistently and at the right times. If you are already sore...you are going to just have to live in that world.