Starting FODMAP Tomorrow! Nervous!

Hey guys,

I've had IBS for 13-14 years and am starting FODMAP tomorrow. Quite frankly, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!

Anyone else on a low FODMAP diet? How have you coped?

Replies

• sonnyboypro
    sonnyboypro Posts: 3 Member
    I was on a low fodmap for quite some time. Once I got my gut flora figured out I found I was able to tolerate fodmaps. How is your gut? Do you currently take any probiotics?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Long term fellow IBS sufferer here too, FODMAP gave me the same result as my suspicions, gluten, spices, wheat and too much carbs... It takes time, but worth it for the long term benefits, I feel so much better now that I have a better understanding of what my body can tolerate. Stick with it!
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    @sonnyboypro : Yes I take probiotics, but I'm finding they aren't working very well since giving birth a little over a year ago. Birth seems to have amped up my symptoms.

@Bonny132 : Thanks so much! I was able to speak to a few customers at work today who are gluten and lactose-free as well and it really helped ease my mind. I'm definitely planning on sticking with it. I'm so tired of feeling sick all the time.