Eating "clean" and now I'm not that hungry...??

Options
So I've been eating clean for a couple weeks now, and I noticed yesterday that I'm not that hungry when it's time to eat a snack or lunch/dinner? I don't even want to eat...but I know it's not healthy to skip a meal so I still eat my snacks, lunch, & dinner. What's up with that?!

Anyone else having the same issues?

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The nutrients in your food might be different than you were eating before. Fruits and veggies tend to have more fiber than some processed foods and that keeps you fuller longer. Also if you've increased your protein intake that can help you feel full.

Eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not. Don't feel like you need to force it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting your proper nutrition and adequate caloric intake, meal timing...skipping meals or whatever doesn't really matter. Be sure that you're getting adequate calories and nutrition though. An yes...whole, nutrient dense foods tend to leave you feeling fuller longer.
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever ate this much veggies, fruit and lean meat in my whole life! I definitely FEEL better!!

My goal is 1550 calories a day (40/30/30), but if I eat light...I'm around 1200 calories...not sure if that's good or not???
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Nutrient dense foods are often quite filling, I find.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever ate this much veggies, fruit and lean meat in my whole life! I definitely FEEL better!!

My goal is 1550 calories a day (40/30/30), but if I eat light...I'm around 1200 calories...not sure if that's good or not???

I'll catch flack for this here, but I would say 1,200 calories of veggies and proteins are better for you than 1,600 calories of processed foods. Also looking at volume, you are probably eating more food than before, so it makes sense you feel fuller.
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I'll catch flack for this here, but I would say 1,200 calories of veggies and proteins are better for you than 1,600 calories of processed foods. Also looking at volume, you are probably eating more food than before, so it makes sense you feel fuller.

I hear ya! What I meant by "eating light" was on the days where I'm not that hungry I'm around 1200 cal...but the 1550 cal are also coming from clean eating!