Friend who do more than hit the like button

Options
Hey ya'll. My name is Amanda and this isn't my first go around here in the healthy train. I had an amzing year from mid 2012 to mid 2013. I had lost 65lbs in the course of that year and made great gains in the strength department. I love to lift, and lift heavy. It all came to a crashing halt when one day I tore my rotator cuff trying to ski for the first time ever. Two days later I severely sprained my foot. In the three years that followed I have gained back about 40 lbs and lost so much strength and stanima.
However, I am back. I have started running again and will begin liffting heavy again soon. I cook most of my own food from stratch. What I am lacking most right now are supportive friends. I don't care if you are a lifter like me, or if you cook your own food or not. What I desire most from my friends is that they do more than just hit the like button. Make comments. Ask me how many reps I did, or why I was so stupid to eat that second cookie. I promise to do the same and together we can kick some butt in 2-16.
All requests accepted.

Replies

• MissShelbyNicholle
    MissShelbyNicholle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean by people simply hitting the like button or worse be on your friends list and never even make an effort. I just thought I would let you know if you need some support or words of encouragement I'm definitely here to help.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Although I appreciate all the "likes" and I do "like" a lot of peoples' posts, I always try to add something in the comments. Even though this site is acting up and sometimes it is difficult to do so lol...I enjoy reading everyones' posts and hope they enjoy mine.

I might add, I also love cooking!

I will send you a request and hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivated friends who interact and exercise.
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Surely there are more of you out there?
  • lucky56luv
    lucky56luv Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cooking and am always on a look out for some new healthy recipes. I also try to give words of encouragement.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to comment on friends posts for weeks now. It's happening to alot of people since MFP put a new program into effect in December. Therefore asking specifically for comments right now will probably tend to scare people away from friending you. Some can, some can't.
  • kboddie101
    kboddie101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to be added as a friend. I will offer support and help to motivate, as well as act as an accountability partner; however In the interim, I wish to have a community of friends that will do the same. I have 40 pounds to lose. I just began working out with T-25 every morning. I normally have great control with eating and watching my calories, but something happens @ night that's when I have a spike in my appetite and begin to over eat. I know if I have an acct, partner, this will stop. Any help will be appreciative.