I need to lose over 150 pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    All anyone needs to lose is just one pound. just one.

Thenvyou repeat that again.

And again.

nice
  • RSavage83
    RSavage83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started at 280 in Jan 2015. By this Jan I'm down a little over 50 lbs. I've used MFP since September and lost 30 lbs with the aid of its daily food diary feature. My first goal is to hit 200 lbs, my next goal is 175 lbs and then I'll see how I look/feel at that stage. I probably need to be around 130 which would be 150 lb weight loss... I don't think I've been that weight since I was 10! I've learned a few lessons along the way but have many more to learn... right now I'm super motivated. Maybe we can help each other. Please, anyone feel free to add or message me. We can do this! And congrats to everyone who's lost weight, no matter what amount... if it was easy we would be dieting in the first place ;)
  • ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started at 375lbs in Sept 2014, I'm at 320lbs now. I wasn't as committed last year but still dropped a good amount. I'm very committed this year!! Anyone close to my weights can add me!
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I started at 375lbs in Sept 2014, I'm at 320lbs now. I wasn't as committed last year but still dropped a good amount. I'm very committed this year!! Anyone close to my weights can add me!

Good job, keep it up.
  • anbraddock9
    anbraddock9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you would like we seem to have a common goals add me to your friends list I'm not sure how to add people but I would love to be one of your supporters and I could use the extra support as well
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I started at 300 pounds at the beginning of September 2014. So far, I've successfully eliminated about 138-139 pounds so I'm down to roughly 161-162 pounds now....about 16.5 months later. I will send you a friend request.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I've lost about that much.

I guess my suggestion is to just keep at it, just about everyday.

Don't sweet the small stuff, you will make mistakes, you will gain weigh some weeks.

If you have any thoughts about this being short term, forget about it, 150lb will take a while, but anything worth anything takes time and effort.

Find things you enjoy, find a sport or activity you enjoy, I couldn't imagine spending a year or two forcing myself to exercise by doing something I hated.
  • barb78009
    barb78009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost and gained a whole person. I need to lose 80 lbs. now. I am embarking on a lifestyle change to reach and maintain that goal. Having friends that support and motivate you is critical to success. This forum is a great source for support. We can all do this with each other's help. All, Please feel free to add me. I will check in tomorrow. Good night, God bless. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • moonnstarstx
    moonnstarstx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me- I started my weight loss journey in April 2015 (officially) at 300 lbs hoping to get down to 150 lbs (loss of 150 lbs also). It has been a slow process but as of today I weigh 246.5 lbs. Still have 100 lbs to go. Good Luck
  • efishy
    efishy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    312 is close to the weight I would like to be. At any rate, I would like to lose about 100 lbs before I will even know what my goal is. I have lost 75-80 since last April.

• efishy
    efishy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your gonna be ok as long as your honest with yourself.I'll add you as a friend as I have a great deal of weight as well...and we all need encouragement. I love this site...there's so much info....and recipes. ...
  • Passionately_Positive
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I started at 372 lbs at the start of 2015. Currently sitting at 217 lbs and continuing on this challenging but rewarding journey =)
  • hopelovefaith90
    hopelovefaith90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 423 and I'm 5'3". When I weighed 130 I was very happy. I could use all the support I can get too. Add me too.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I am 312 pounds and 5'2" tall I need to lose over 150 pounds I am new to MyFitnessPal and I really would love the extra support I would love to meet people with similar weight-loss goals that know what it's like to be in my shoes I am hoping to help support others and for others to help support me as well because I am definitely not getting the support I need from my family and I really don't have much in the way of friends

I started out at 318 pounds. I lost 178 pounds but have gained about 40 Pounds back. I'm working on getting back down to my Goal Weight this year.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Well, it is possible and you're all in the right place :) I'm 5'7", started at 329 lbs and I'm maintaining now around 173. Over 150 lbs lost, a total of 2 years to lose it and maintaining since May 2014.

I didn't lose as fast as some people but I maintained lean muscle mass and I ate chocolate, ice cream and pretty much whatever I wanted while I was losing.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome everyone to MFP. Take this one step at a time, break your weight loss down into small doable 10 pound goals. Then reward yourself with a something non foodwise
    Small changes will add up to big changes
    All the best to everyone in their journey to health :)
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Anyone feel free to add me as well! We need all the support we can get!
  • EJRaven
    EJRaven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started at 287 at 5'2 (2012) and now am at 193 (really started in october 14 at 248). Slow and steady! Hope to see 150 end of this year :smile: