Gym Bag Essentials

Options
2»

Replies

• TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Depending on your workout or time constraints, I am a huge advocate of dry shampoo!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I keep this list in the computer since it's discussed so often here .....

You need a lock; either the kind with a combination or a key. If it's a key, rubberband it onto your water bottle or wear it, even while in the shower.

Bring a water bottle; the kind that doesn't spill. You can fill it there. If you tend to have senior moments, stick the combination to your locker on the bottom of your soap container AND your water bottle, because one will always be out with you.

If there is towel service, on the way in, get one to stand on when you dress/undress. If you shower there, bring shower shoes and a shower cap if you want one; soap and shampoo too. I got a mesh bag to keep them in so they don't mold when they are wet.

Use 2 towels when you shower, for your top and bottom separately, and so they don't fall off and flash everyone, keep them on with large banana hair clips.

It's very handy to keep separate make up wipes, lip gloss, extra moisturizer, etc in your gym bag, so you aren't transferring things back and forth a lot. Bring extra underwear too. Make a list if you think it will help - certain clothes for spinning, weight gloves when you lift, etc. You don't want to carry 10 tons of things around unless you need them.

Be nice to the cleaning people and the desk people & tip them at holiday times. Learn their names if you can.

Don't use your cell phone in the locker room, it's against gym etiquette. If you have an outside pocket of your gym bag, keep your id and lock in there so you are easy in, easy out.

In the wintertime, if you are freaked out about your coat walking away, get a 2nd lock and stick things in a 2nd locker. Try to be unobtrusive about it.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    mine has:

lifting shoes
    posing heels
    shower towel
    little towel for use on machines
    underpants
    deodorant
    a little baggy with feminine hygiene products and a hair tie
    my workout clothes
    long socks
    normal socks
    my workout plan printout
    my posing routine printout with notes to remind myself what to do
    weight training gloves

I think that is all.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Lock
    flip flops for shower
    towel
    fresh socks and underwear (two pairs of each)
    clean workout clothes
    spare head phones
    toothpaste and brush
    deodorant and travel size shampoo and soap
    clean post-gym clothes
    spare sneakers
    water bottle
    plastic bags for soiled clothing
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'll forget my work clothes :P or work shoes. i wouldn't want to pack them the night before-all wrinkly.

a guy at my gym comes in in his full business suit at 6am for that reason. he hangs them in the locker and changes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    towel, clothes and toiletry bag with shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, comb, hair ties and deodorant

if you wear make up, i guess that (i dont lol)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I carry quite a bit of stuff:

Medium towel/body wash/flip flops
    Small towel (for covering the treadmill screen so I don't stare at the numbers ticking by)
    Headband/hair ties/hairpins/brush
    Swimsuit/goggles/swim cap
    Face cleansing wipes/deodorant/dry shampoo/rollerball perfume
    Tinted moisturizer/mascara
    Headphones/tablet (in case I want to read on the treadmill)
    Water bottle
    Work clothes + extra socks and underwear in case I forget to put them in my bag the night before with my work clothes, which has happened one and I had to wear my sweaty sports bra at work.
    Gym clothes/running shoes

I just keep all that stuff in there all the time so that I can swim or shower if I want/need to and can make myself presentable for work. It comes home with me twice a week for clean clothes/towels.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, i put together an amazon list for stuff i'll need.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this, mbaker. I'm switching to morning workouts before work and have also been wondering what to bring in terms of a pre-work workout. Everyone's responses are really appreciated, it helps give me a comprehensive idea of what to pack. Thanks, all! B)
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to use regular flip-flops in the shower at the gym, but that got gross putting wet flip-flops (with all of that shower funk on them) in a bag. Then, there was taking them home and washing them and allowing them to dry, then remembering to repack them.

My solution? I went on Amazon and ordered disposable pedicure slippers. They come in packs of 12. I keep a pack in my bag at all times. When I'm through showering, I just throw them away. The more you order, the cheaper they are per pair. I ordered a pack of 400, and I think that came to 7 cents per pair.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Squat shoes
    Flat shoes (Chucks)
    Squat belt
    Deadlift belt
    Wrist wraps
    Knee sleeves
    Elbow sleeves
    Deadlift socks
    Shin sleeves
    Dead wedge
    Lyft tape
    Chalk
    Deodorant
    2 water bottles

Phone in my pocket for logging

I have a selection of stuff in case I need to change my workout due to equipment availability or just not feeling a certain lift. Options are good.

Shower at home.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have duplicate sets of toiletries, skincare and basic makeup that live in my gym bag.

The towels and clothes are the only things that get swapped about. Definitely dry shampoo.

Lay everything out together the night before. If I have to do any actual thinking the morning itself I will definitely forget!
  • annpruz1
    annpruz1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fanny pack. I never leave valuables in my locker, even locked.