I Lost 275 Pounds!

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    No exercise till after I lost the first 100 pounds (which I still lost in 7 months!), and even after that I have *never* had a gym membership... just walking, a recumbent bike and regular bike, etc... no routine workout things, Zumba, etc

So how long have you been on MFP? Are you here to do calorie counting for maintenance?
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5"
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • yesssiwanttolose
    yesssiwanttolose Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would like to CONGRATULATE YOU buttersbunch!!!!!!! You are a very brave woman, taking those steps to help yourself gain a new life! Bravo!!! (clapping my hands) Well done!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What a remarkable story!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Well, if this gets deleted (again) I guess I will stop trying! Lol! Kinda hard to share how I lost 275 pounds and my entire life transformation and change without sharing the plan used and why I am wearing Mennonite attire in my 'before' photos. ☺️
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I will congratulate you on your life story but I will still have my reservations about the truth of it lol.
    Either way - you do you, girl.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    I just you MFP for accountability for myself... I share my meals, recipes, what I eat when we eat out, etc etc... on FB
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Use
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    That's unfortunate. Some of us don't have FB. We use MFP.
    No exercise till after I lost the first 100 pounds (which I still lost in 7 months!), and even after that I have *never* had a gym membership... just walking, a recumbent bike and regular bike, etc... no routine workout things, Zumba, etc

So how long have you been on MFP? Are you here to do calorie counting for maintenance?

Did she mention she has to stay below 1200 to maintain? Or did I misread that..

No you read it right. That's (partly) why I asked if she's here to count calories to maintain.

I'd like a small snippet of what she eats in a day, but she doesn't have a public diary.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    I just you MFP for accountability for myself... I share my meals, recipes, what I eat when we eat out, etc etc... on FB

Why on facebook?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thanks... and yes, I *easily* gain if I go above 1,200 (have been on thyroid meds
    for years!) but it is what it is
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Breakfast: veggie packed omelet with egg beaters, microwave 'baked' pear or apple, toast from 647 bread, sugar free jam and a lotta coffee!!

Lunch/dinner: veggies (steamed, baked, grilled or a salad) some kind of lean protein, and maybe a starchy veggie

Snacks: mostly just fruit or sugar free jello, but I love popcorn!

I try hard to reserve desserts for special occasions- they are my weakness!!

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Okay, so how many points were you eating at WW to lose weight? I'm just trying to understand what you did to lose since all I'm getting are directions to facebook and generalities.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the incredible loss.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thanks! And yep, that's my story from People mag- (I was on the Today Show)

I used/ate ONLY my daily allotted points when on WW (it varies on your weight, at the beginning at 410 pounds I was obviously getting a LOT more points than when I had lost 1/2 my weight!)

I *never* used the 'weekly' points or the 'activity' points, as I stated earlier, I gain very easily and when I used any 'extra' points I would either have slow progress,
    Stay the same or even go up slightly! So I just used my daily points.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Well, I am new to the community but 'old' to having the MFP app on my phone... I have many photos (as someone already shared) and if I understood 'how' to post them I would- and will! ☺️

You don't need an account to use the app for tracking. I know my story sounds crazy- it is! But it is also true! ☺️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!