New year, new me! Losing 60lbs +

Options
whatnadineloves
whatnadineloves Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello fellow FitnessPals,

My name is Nadine-Johanna and I am 25 years old. I am currently 208,6lbs (started at 212lbs last weekend) and I would like to get down to 160lbs by late summer. I lost track of the times I tried to lose weight, what I do remember is that I first went on a diet when I was fourteen and looking back, I wasn't overweight. Just a bit chubby. In my late teens I gained more weight and then once I moved out from home, I out on even more weight. I tried many diets and while I am a very active person, I kept putting on weight. After visiting many doctors I was finally somehow diagnosed with PCOS by my GP in London, but they couldn't find any ovarian cysts on the scan and didn't want to put me on Metformin. Last year I moved to Germany, where I had access to great healthcare and my gynaecologist an transvaginal ultrasound, where she could see plenty of cysts, some of them quite big and towards the end of last year I was in a lot of pain thanks to one ruptured cyst after another. Just before Christmas I also had surgery, where they found a small tumour in my uterus, luckily it's all good and I just need to keep an eye on it. I also have Candida albicans.

Anyway, my goal for this year and the future is to be healthy again. I didn't look after myself, especially in 2015 and my health really paid for it. I am now at a much better space, having just moved to Switzerland where I work less hours and can workout in the basement, I also have more time for meal preparation again.

In early 2014 I lost a lot of weight easily on a Paleo diet. I wasn't 100% strict on it, as I would have cheese sometimes, but I lost 22lbs in less than three months without doing anything. I didn't feel hungry at all and my overall health improved drastically. However, I started having my final exams at university and I had no time for meal preparation as I also worked 60 hours a week. I also didn't put my health first and I would put watching Netflix over staying strong, working out and eating healthily.

When I am not working, I am writing on my lifestyle and travel blog www.whatnadineloves.com and I also started a health and weight loss blog www.howihealmyself.com - so if there are any other bloggers here, please send me your links.

Looking forward to this and I would love to connect with others,

Nadine

Replies

• lknovakk
    lknovakk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was recently diagnosed with PCOS after gaining over 40 lbs, while working out religiously with a personal trainer. It felt like a nightmare, and it can be overwhelming when the numbers seem unattainable. My goal is a loss of 50, so it's good to connect with someone like me!
    I have a blog I don't update as much as I should: www.excystentialcrisis.wordpress.com
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    off topic a bit. but, Just noticed on your blog that you moved to Lugano.... I lived there when i was 15 for a year... (went to school there for a year)... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lugano!! :) Would love to go back there!
  • whatnadineloves
    whatnadineloves Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lknovakk wrote: »
    Hey! I was recently diagnosed with PCOS after gaining over 40 lbs, while working out religiously with a personal trainer. It felt like a nightmare, and it can be overwhelming when the numbers seem unattainable. My goal is a loss of 50, so it's good to connect with someone like me!
    I have a blog I don't update as much as I should: www.excystentialcrisis.wordpress.com

Great. I will add you as a friend, let's stay strong together.
  • Myshell0819
    Myshell0819 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy to meet someone who wants to lose as much as I do! You're deff. right about the tv watching, there are soooo many good shows on and it's easy to get distracted...I think that's how I gained so much of my weight!! I have moved my treadmill into my room where I watch most of my tv and have decided to start walking while watching, lets see how that goes... I also have diabetes so I believe if I can drop the weight I wont have to be on soo many meds to maintain my sugars...good luck on your loss and hope you keep posting to keep us both motivated! :)
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • Adylia16
    Adylia16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! I also have PCOS and never realised it had an impact on the way I would be living. I am 26 and from Melbourne. I have so much weight to lose D: around 70kg. I've lost 35kg before so I know I can do it. Not letting myself off the rails this time! If you need support add me! xx
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You look great from your pics but good luck to you! Feel free to use the forums and any of us for motivation/guidance!
  • qaiserelahi992
    qaiserelahi992 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Nadine, It gave me so much motivation to read about how you have gone through all of the suffering. I sincerely wish you a good health. I love long distance running but had a knee insury (meniscus tear) had a surgery in Sep,14 eventually gained more than 50 lbs. Tried so many ways to loose weight until i found this app. I would like to connect with you to be able to learn from you and also to motivate you to achieve your target.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent you a friend request. My wife and I also write a blog at http://losingduo.com, so we'd love to get connected with you.