Starting again! Really need to stick with it

Options
I am starting again and know that it works if you just stick to it. I am going to workout this time.
I really need to lose 70lbs by June 15th. I am traveling out of state with family and really want to enjoy this trip. I have been staying in my house, avoiding seeing friends because I feel ashamed of how much weight I have gained! I really don't want life to pass me by!

Replies

• findingmyfabulousagain
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting over too! I'm sending you a friend request as I want the support of other like-minded people. I'd be happy for anyone to add me as a friend. :)
  • MB_Val
    MB_Val Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I feel the same!!
  • kjpower2011
    kjpower2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day one...6 weeks after having a baby...A lot to work on...but atleast it's a start...just got to stick to the healthy food and exercise :)
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    70-pounds by the 2nd week of June is gonna be very aggressive (more than 3lb/week) -- While you're absolutely right that this'll "works if you just stick to it", trying to hit an unrealistic and possibly unnecessary goal may make things tougher than they need to be...

... Would it be easier to look at a certain fitness-level, a particular clothing size, or "bikini-ready", or something that may be more attainable? 55-lbs in your time-frame would be AMAZING; what are you really looking for?

Let's get'cha back out and enjoying life, but please be careful about trying to set goals that may be too tough to crush...
  • taclaudia97
    taclaudia97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm wanna lose around 50 lbs for the summer as well! Just take it day by day and set small goals of 10lb per month and slowly but surely it will happen! (At least that's what I keep telling myself!) positivity is key
  • liannej88
    liannej88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a 6 month hiatus....I set unrealistic goals before and gotten disheartened. Now I realise as long as I'm doing something it's better than nothing. 1lb off is better than 1lb on. By the way anyone feel free to add me .....committing to MFP More this time around
  • taco_inspector
    Options
    liannej88 wrote: »
    I'm back after a 6 month hiatus....I set unrealistic goals before and gotten disheartened. Now I realise as long as I'm doing something it's better than nothing. 1lb off is better than 1lb on. By the way anyone feel free to add me .....committing to MFP More this time around
    ^^ Lots'a THIS ^^ you know it comes off a whole lot more quickly than we put it on! And like @taclaudia97 posts 10-lbs a month is a viable monthly target, but some months just "haning-in" at a 0 or 1 pound change is all good too!
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am looking for any support to help me make the right choices and the more friends the better :D
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure how to comment back to people or add friends any suggestions?
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am starting all over again after losing and gaining. Would love to get more friends as I think that really helps. Please feel free to add me!
  • taco_inspector
    edited January 2016
    Options
    laney4088 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure how to comment back to people or add friends any suggestions?

The messaging and friending thing is all a bit different depending on how you're accessing MFP, we'll play a bit with that to get'cha going!

Looks like you've got it all figured out -- (thanks too!)