How can I become more motivated to work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kay2016Sexy
    Kay2016Sexy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Joining a gym, and having a trainer, or a gym partner that will go and workout with you, or a walking friend. Anything that your doing with someone else that's fun, or takes your mind off of thinking "I'm exercising", then that will help you a lot! having someone to talk to while working out is a great way to keep your mind off the work your doing so that it feels more like just talking and hanging out with a friend! Bonus burning those calories!!!! :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I want to work out, but I just don't have enough motivation. Ideas?

Find something you like. You have age on your side, so getting into a sport or a new hobby should be very easy. Do not think of it as exercise, think of any physical activity that you remember liking int he past, or which sounds interesting but you have never tried, and go for it. And before you say you are not good at it , no one is going to judge in any sport you choose to try, everyone was a beginner once. And trying something new at this stage of your life, it is very very common.
    If workout makes you think of a treadmill or a gym or running laps, it does not have to be this way. Try basketball, soccer, cycle, swim, hike, learn a martial art, join a dance studio, try yoga, pilates, indoors climbing or whatever else sounds even remotely interesting.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Pictures motivate me....especially a pic of when I was smaller becauae i know i can get there again. or a picture when I was at my top weight so I know where im not trying to be again. and trolling through all the success stories on this app....keeps me motivated that it can be done!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You can't just become motivated to do something. You have to want it so bad deep within you that you will stop at nothing to get it. Motivation cannot be created. Motivation is a MYTH. You just wake up and do it even if it seems hard. Schedule it. DO it because you know to reach your goal that is what you have to do.

This would just mean that the end goal was your motivation. We don't purposely do anything without motivation.

No motivation is a myth. Goals are the real thing. If you have them and you want them then you will do what it takes...there is no magical fairy dust motivation to get you there.

I think maybe you need to look motivation up in the dictionary. Goals aren't magical fairy dust either. They are simply a motivation.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wendy77685 wrote: »
    benboyd85 wrote: »
    Have you ever thought about trying a preworkout supplement? Now it is a habit for me to exercise, but in the beginning I really needed a push and taking something for energy really helped me.

I am just getting started and having some trouble getting the motivation to exercise. I was thinking about trying something like this, but I am afraid of what is in them and too much caffeine. What kind do you recommend?

Hi Wendy, congrats on taking the first step! Gettin started and finding the motivation to actually go to the gym is the hardest part. I just find that when it comes to actually exercising, I could use a little help to get through my workouts. I have tried a lot of preworkout powders, but like you said a lot of them made me jittery/overstimulated. I like what I am using now, Liporidex PRE-T, because it is milder but I still have great focus and energy for my workouts. Whatever you choose, be sure to research the ingredients!