21 day fix

Options
Hi guys and gals! I was wondering if anyone has tried the 21 day fix workout DVDs and had any success?? I'm not really into doing the containers and all that, just the workout DVDs and clean eating.

Replies

• carlypi314
    carlypi314 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really liked the workouts and def saw results. After a couple rounds I was getting bored with the lack of variety and my progress had really slowed down so I switched to P90X3 (I still throw in 21DF too). I used the diet plan, but I just measured the portions with measuring cups. I weigh all my food now and use their basic guideline for how many carbs/proteins/vegs...etc. Otherwise I'd probably live off carbs. Lol
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    First, see if someone is selling this on ebay. Second google the exercises. Often people just post the videos. For eating, I just find healthy recipes online.
  • brit4896
    brit4896 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    carlypie84 wrote: »
    I really liked the workouts and def saw results. After a couple rounds I was getting bored with the lack of variety and my progress had really slowed down so I switched to P90X3 (I still throw in 21DF too). I used the diet plan, but I just measured the portions with measuring cups. I weigh all my food now and use their basic guideline for how many carbs/proteins/vegs...etc. Otherwise I'd probably live off carbs. Lol

Ok thanx for the feedback!
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    brit4896 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals! I was wondering if anyone has tried the 21 day fix workout DVDs and had any success?? I'm not really into doing the containers and all that, just the workout DVDs and clean eating.

I completed 2 rounds of 21 day fix (eating plan and workouts). I loved it! It was my first step in my health and fitness journey. Really helped me lose my weight and start toning. Have now moved on to P90X for more of a challenge, but love the program. The workouts are intense!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the 21 day fix is a great workout program. I'm not into the container system either. I just log everything I eat, and do my best to hit specific calorie and macro goals that promotes progress towards my fitness goals with flexible dieting.
  • brit4896
    Options

I completed 2 rounds of 21 day fix (eating plan and workouts). I loved it! It was my first step in my health and fitness journey. Really helped me lose my weight and start toning. Have now moved on to P90X for more of a challenge, but love the program. The workouts are intense!

Im just starting out and I have a lot to lose. I was jw if you gain more muscle with the 21 day fix or lose fat during the first round? I've seen ppl lose more inches than anything which would be fine with me lol! How much weight did u lose with 21 day fix DVD?
  • melissavangulck287
    Options

Im just starting out and I have a lot to lose. I was jw if you gain more muscle with the 21 day fix or lose fat during the first round? I've seen ppl lose more inches than anything which would be fine with me lol! How much weight did u lose with 21 day fix DVD?

I feel it's more losing weight and starting to build muscle. I've heard (but haven't tried) that 21 day fix extreme is more about muscle, the original fix that I did is more about losing inches and weights. That being said, I lost my weight, and inches, but I was noticeably more toned when I finished. I used 5, 8, and 10 pound weights, depending on the move
  • brit4896
    Options
    I feel it's more losing weight and starting to build muscle. I've heard (but haven't tried) that 21 day fix extreme is more about muscle, the original fix that I did is more about losing inches and weights. That being said, I lost my weight, and inches, but I was noticeably more toned when I finished. I used 5, 8, and 10 pound weights, depending on the move[/quote]

Ok good to know! Sounds like I need to lose more weight before I start on the program. Then focus on toning. Thank u for the feedback!
  • brit4896
    Options

I feel it's more losing weight and starting to build muscle. I've heard (but haven't tried) that 21 day fix extreme is more about muscle, the original fix that I did is more about losing inches and weights. That being said, I lost my weight, and inches, but I was noticeably more toned when I finished. I used 5, 8, and 10 pound weights, depending on the move

Ok good to know! Sounds like I need to lose more weight before I start on the program. Then focus on toning. Thank u for the feedback!
  • melissavangulck287
    Options

You don't have to lose more weight before you start. That's what is great about the program. As long as you're moving, it's great. There's a modifier in every workout too so if you're not ready to go full out, you follow her moves!
  • melissavangulck287
    Options

Just noticed I read your question wrong! You asked how much weight did I LOSE not USE! Sorry!! My first round of 21 days, I lost 8 pounds and 8 inches off my body.
  • brit4896
    Options

You don't have to lose more weight before you start. That's what is great about the program. As long as you're moving, it's great. There's a modifier in every workout too so if you're not ready to go full out, you follow her moves!
    Ok awesome!
  • melissavangulck287
    Options
    @brit4896 if you decide to do the program and have any questions, let me know. I'm very familiar with the program, am still following the eating plan even though I've moved on to a new program.
  • brit4896
    Options
    @brit4896 if you decide to do the program and have any questions, let me know. I'm very familiar with the program, am still following the eating plan even though I've moved on to a new program.

Ok thank u so much!
  • melissavangulck287
    Options
    @brit4896 you're welcome!
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I personally like the 21 Day Fix workout routines - the program includes 7 different workouts - one for each day of the week and switch between cardio, resistance, pilates and yoga. All workouts have a modifier you can follow if the exercises are too hard to do. Autumn is also very good - talks through it but always positive (and not goofy). I have done one pass through (3 weeks) of just the workouts and I think it helped me a lot. I am doing P90 B right now, and I am going to do one more 3 week pass and then possibly try P90x3.

I do not use Shakeology or the containers - I have lost 70 lbs since June - the biggest contributor was the change in foods I eat. I followed the 21 Day Fix food list but actually use MyFitnessPal to track calories and measure/weigh my food. If you want to lose weight, the first place to look is how you eat. The workouts will get you into better shape and allow you more calories per day so it is also important.

I would recommend the program...
  • brit4896
    Options
    mmteixeira wrote: »
    I personally like the 21 Day Fix workout routines - the program includes 7 different workouts - one for each day of the week and switch between cardio, resistance, pilates and yoga. All workouts have a modifier you can follow if the exercises are too hard to do. Autumn is also very good - talks through it but always positive (and not goofy). I have done one pass through (3 weeks) of just the workouts and I think it helped me a lot. I am doing P90 B right now, and I am going to do one more 3 week pass and then possibly try P90x3.

I do not use Shakeology or the containers - I have lost 70 lbs since June - the biggest contributor was the change in foods I eat. I followed the 21 Day Fix food list but actually use MyFitnessPal to track calories and measure/weigh my food. If you want to lose weight, the first place to look is how you eat. The workouts will get you into better shape and allow you more calories per day so it is also important.

I would recommend the program...

Thanx so much for the feedback! Did u lose weight any the first time u started the program?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I love the workouts, never bothered with the containers or eating plan. I think the price of the program was worth it for the DVDs, I go back to them often.

How much weight you lose will be based mostly on how you eat. In general - diet for weight loss/gain, exercise for fitness. Any workout program will buy you some extra calories to eat. The best exercise is the one you will enjoy and do consistently.

My big issue with Beachbody workouts is the advertising that says you will lose a ton of weight in a short period of time. They don't have any big secret that will cause you to burn more calories than other exercise programs. The numbers they advertise are useless, there are too many variables, like how much you currently weigh, what size weights you use, how much effort do you put in, and most importantly how much did you eat! I have a bunch of Beachbody programs because I enjoy them and I like that they provide you with a schedule to follow - so I do them consistently. I lost the weight because I ate to my calorie goal.

Good luck!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hi OP, I love the workouts, never bothered with the containers or eating plan. I think the price of the program was worth it for the DVDs, I go back to them often.

How much weight you lose will be based mostly on how you eat. In general - diet for weight loss/gain, exercise for fitness. Any workout program will buy you some extra calories to eat. The best exercise is the one you will enjoy and do consistently.

My big issue with Beachbody workouts is the advertising that says you will lose a ton of weight in a short period of time. They don't have any big secret that will cause you to burn more calories than other exercise programs. The numbers they advertise are useless, there are too many variables, like how much you currently weigh, what size weights you use, how much effort do you put in, and most importantly how much did you eat! I have a bunch of Beachbody programs because I enjoy them and I like that they provide you with a schedule to follow - so I do them consistently. I lost the weight because I ate to my calorie goal.

Good luck!

You also have to watch for the sneaky fine print where it will say something like "completed program twice" or something along those lines. But it's in really small print under the picture.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanx so much for the feedback! Did u lose weight any the first time u started the program?

When I started, I didn't follow it exactly - I used MyFitnessPal for my total calories allowed per day, weighed my food, and tracked it in MFP - I just adjusted what foods I ate to match the 21 Day Fix list. When I searched for recipes, I searched for "21 Day Fix Approved" recipes. I learned shortly after that the 21 Day Fix is a clean eating plan. And the weight came off right from the start. I am still eating the same way today (7 months later).

As stated above by other posters, losing weight is all about eating a deficit in calories per day. If you follow the container plan in the 21 Day Fix, you should lose weight.