What type of music do you listen to the most?

Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I have Sirius so my options are endless lololol, but I find myself mostly on 80's, 90's and 2000's pop stations, Classic Rock and, of course, The Grateful Dead Channel!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mostly "Old school" hip hop (New Jack Swing of the 90's) and other mixed in music you don't hear a lot of on the radio today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYi2j1w-yG0
    Couple of my favorite artists: Kalapana, Cecilio and Kapono. Old school Hawaiian sound.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Classic rock - Def Leppard, AC/DC, basically anything with a 4-4 beat that I can synch up with while running.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well I listen to all kinds but country! I love old classic rock, 80's, 90' (I drove three hours to see see Guns N Roses last night in Atlanta) so you see where I am going with that. p.s. that concert was hands down da bomb!

But I also like alternative especially from 90's, I like me some hip pop and even like me some Pitbull!

I am all over the place, and my running music is chosen by the pace and feel. Warmups are slower perhaps Matchbox twenty, 3 Doors Down, all the way to sprinting music of Nickleback, Limp Bizkit or Metalica (nothing like running to Enter Sandman) or AC/DC thunderstruck.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    80s, 90s, 00s, Classic Rock, Frank Sinatra, Rock and R&B.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Various forms of technical and progressive metal.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    R&B, Hip Hop, EDM/House, 80s, Pop, Jazz, Reggae, Latin
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Classic rock, country, metal, blues
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I listen to whatever is on the radio...yea I am one of "those" haha. My taste in music is basic af
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Singer/Songwriter, folk, folk hop, mostly. My current fave on repeat all day is Penny and Sparrow.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I spend the majority of my time listening to a Pandora feed that I created, that is mostly Fusion Jazz, New Age and Ambient, the distinguishing feature of which is no lyrics. I created it to use at work; I do a lot of critical and analytical thinking and I find lyrics totally distracting, because for most of my life, music has always been as much about the lyrics as about the instrumentation, if not more. So I put on my headphones and sink into my computer world and only come out for lunch and EOD commute!

I do have some other feeds: Jimmy Buffet and related artists, for when it just FEELS like five o'clock, a Blues-ey feed based on Taj Mahal and similar artists, a feed of "Cowboy" music, everything from the greats like Hank, Sr. and Merle, to the whole Austin-Nashville scene, and another feed of smoother stuff for "playtime"...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    I listen to whatever is on the radio...yea I am one of "those" haha. My taste in music is basic af

LMAO @bemyyfriend0918 - mine can be, too. And every time I'm singing along to Taylor Swift in my car, I'm just praying no one I know see's me!

All that aside, I love listening to Stevie Wonder too

• bemyyfriend0918
    Options

LMAO @bemyyfriend0918 - mine can be, too. And every time I'm singing along to Taylor Swift in my car, I'm just praying no one I know see's me!

hahah, I LOVE Taylor Swift's music. I have every one of her CD's and jam out to them without remorse. But worse than Taylor Swift, is I also have all of the "Now that's what I call music" albums. I buy them every time they come out!! lol :smiley:
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

hahah, I LOVE Taylor Swift's music. I have every one of her CD's and jam out to them without remorse. But worse than Taylor Swift, is I also have all of the "Now that's what I call music" albums. I buy them every time they come out!! lol :smiley:

OMG! I used to get those for my kid when he was little (he's 20 now) lolololol

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

If Taylor swift is on in the car and someone says they don't sing along .... They lying!! I've never been to crazy about her songs that have made it to the radio but she has quite a few that I'm like wow how is this not a hit. Also I cry when I listen to Dear John :'(
  • bemyyfriend0918
    Options

If Taylor swift is on in the car and someone says they don't sing along .... They lying!! I've never been to crazy about her songs that have made it to the radio but she has quite a few that I'm like wow how is this not a hit. Also I cry when I listen to Dear John :'(

Dear john is the saddest song ever. I have cried to that many times hahah
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Metal.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Blues, classical, metal. Anything with sick instrumental solos.