Sleep and weight loss

Options
I currently have almost one year old twins and everything I read about losing weight says sleeping is very important. Im lucky to get 6 hours a day. My norm is usually 5 hours. Will this effect my weight loss?

Replies

• SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A couple of things to consider. When you sleep less, you burn more calories if you are active during the time "normal" sleep would happen - so make sure you aren't under eating as far as calories go. Sleep is important for lots of reasons - it's the time when your body rebuilds and heals itself. Focus on what you can do and not what you can't - calories, nutrition, exercise, and get as much sleep as you can. Good luck!
  • mariapstyles
    mariapstyles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have two year old twins and a five year old. My kids have always been bad sleepers. They still wake in the middle of the night and wake around 6am. I struggle to find time to work out. It can't be in the morning because they wake up so early and I have to be out of the house to get to work by 7:30am. Then by the time I get home it's time to cook, clean get them ready for bed and then I'm exhausted. Then top it off when they are all in bed I start snacking.
    It's a horrible cycle.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 month old who hasn't once slept all night. I also have a 6 and 4 year old, plus I work 4 days a week as a teacher and have to be up early. I've still lost weight. I think I probably would've lost a little quicker if I weren't so tired all the time, but it hasn't stopped me losing. My Fitbit tracks sleep, and some nights I'm awake 7 times.

My 4 year old was a terrible sleeper as a baby, and I lost 66lbs after I had her.