Mid-aged mom of 2 with 50 to lose!

I'm new to the community, I've tried this app few times before but would always drop it after a couple of weeks. Ugh. I have 50 pounds to lose, I am a lifetime dieter but I want to finally get down to my goal weight. I'm sick of the yo-yo, sick of failing after a few weeks of trying...this is my year! I would love a buddy or two, people who are in the same boat, & I can help with my encouragement too, I want us all to reach our goals so good luck to all

Replies

• brownboy68
    brownboy68 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I want to lose 70 pounds altogether but not sure if that would be a totally realistic weight for me. Right now I'm at 16 pounds lighter and I can feel the weight difference....I'm not sure how to make friends on here but I will be glad to talk with you about this stuff.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    I'm a mom of 2 and have 45 lbs left to lose. Anyone can add me for friend motivation!
  • nsfd27
    nsfd27 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey everyone....good luck with your goals and objectives. If you would like to make the journey together and help each other with encouragement, please feel free to add me.
  • Wakatik2016
    Wakatik2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Mom of 2... Just recently on Friday! :) but i have baby weight to lose!! Feel free to friend me. I'm just starting and am new to MFP.com
  • whoffmanz
    whoffmanz Posts: 87 Member
    You can do it. Taking good care of yourself is an important part of taking good care of your kids. They need you at your best. Good luck this time. MFP can be a very powerful tool.
  • jenandroxie
    jenandroxie Posts: 17 Member
    Yes! I lost 10# on here last year quite easily. I detailed myself with no excuses.
    I'm back now to succeed!!
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Kosmanagic wrote: »
    I'm new to the community, I've tried this app few times before but would always drop it after a couple of weeks. Ugh. I have 50 pounds to lose, I am a lifetime dieter but I want to finally get down to my goal weight. I'm sick of the yo-yo, sick of failing after a few weeks of trying...this is my year! I would love a buddy or two, people who are in the same boat, & I can help with my encouragement too, I want us all to reach our goals so good luck to all

I'm halfway to my goal of losing 50. Friend me if you want to provide mutual support for each other.

Kevin
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    I'm pretty much exactly where you are! We can do this! Feel free to add me :)
  • Whiptgirl
    Whiptgirl Posts: 10 Member
    I only have 1 kiddo, and have double the weight you have to lose, and totally middle aged! Feel free to add me - I certainly can use the support!
  • KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! Be proud of yourself for keeping going. It's easy once you fall off to just stop and give up, but you didn't do that! You are determined! Woot! I'm a mom of 4 with one more on the way, I'm not sure I'd call myself middle aged yet but I'm mid 30's. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose and have the go ahead from my midwife to lose the healthy 2 lbs a week. I'd love to have some more friends on here for motivation and support!